Cleveland thoughts and a play for Saturday:

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
CLEVELAND -133:

Cleveland might be a young team, but this team is playing like a group of veterans that feel they are never out of a game. From what I've been seeing all season and even more so of late is that this Cleveland team might be the most confident team out there right now and with the bullpen missing links starting to fall in place with the likes of Bob Wickman closing out games and the set-up guy Bob Howry, who's been almost unhittable since his call-up, this Cleveland team is a team that believes and the team chemistry might not get any better with this group of players......no selfishness exists amongst teammates.

That being said, I'm going to take a shot on playing the Tribe again today. The Indians are winners of 5 straight and 9 of their last 10 games and is a team that is smelling first place in the American League Central Division. After beating the Twins last night, they have now gained 6 games on the Twins in the last 9 days are within striking distance just 2 games back. The Twins seem to be pressing a bit as of late, while the Tribe continues to play like they're just having fun out there. Also, there's no place like home for the Tribe on the weekends....they have an amazing 22-3 record playing at home on the weekends this year.

Taking a look at the keys in this game, I think the biggest is the mismatch of Minnesota's starter, Kyle Lohse, with this Cleveland lineup. Lohse has had a very little success facing lefties in his career. He has allowed a .305 average to lefties over the course of his career which is 56 points higher that was he allows to righties. This Cleveland lineup is dominated by hitters from the left side and you better believe it'll be stacked with lefties for this game. Throw in the fact that Lohse is not pitching up to par of late, having allowed more hits than innings pitched in each of his last 6 games (50 hits allowed over 32.1 innings in that span), I think there stands a good chance the Tribe will get there knocks vs him today. The Indians have scored more runs this season than any other team in the majors.

Westbrook has shown some shakiness as well of late, but part of that is the fact that the guy just never seems to pitch at home any more. 9 of Westbrooks last 11 starts have been on the road which is hard for any pitcher. Today's game is at home and at home this season, Westbrook is a perfect 6-0 with a 2.34 ERA! Cleveland's pen is should also be fresh and ready to go today to finish it out for the Tribe.

So there's a little analysis on the game coming from a "Homer" :) Go Tribe!

Good luck!

-ndnfan

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
Nice writeup! :yup

I want to sell my neighbor's house and put all the proceeds on the Wahoo's now.

GL

I'm on them also.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
ndnfan... thanks for posting might not of payed attention to this game without you doing write up . hope the tribe keep it up