Click Here For Thrusday Nite Winners.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
Just kidding. I was trying to lure you to discuss couple points I couldn't figure out myself. Hope we can figure it together.

Miami - Chicago
At first look I felt that the line should be higher but after seeing Jiw's picks, having second thoughts. Second thoughts are not always good but sometimes it is. Chicago is 7-6 ATS insipite of their 1-12 SU record. But keep in mind that when Chicago was winning against ATS they were never favored by less then 10 points in their last 10. So why are they favored by only 5.5 now? They are at home. Is that a big deal? They have played 13 games this season and only 4 was at home. Their only win(against NY) came at home. ( Also got their ass handed to them by Detroit & Indiana at home).
I am not sure but I think teams that have terriable SU records home field adv is not very distinct. How many chicago fans will be at that game? How many would be expecting an SU win?

Memphis - Toronto

I think about let down but hard to say line makers haven't thought of that. That could explain why the line is so high. But at the begining of the season somebody said this about Toronto( or maybe it was for Jazz), they are not good covering big numbers.
Memphis is 3-10 this season and they don't get over 10 points spread for every game either. they won the last 2 games ATS. Toronto is up and down They are not bad as a home favorite.

Opinions?