Clollege football is worthless

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Utah undefeated and beats the team that was #1 for almost the entire season convincingly, but they have no shot at being the national champion. This is why I haven't given a second thought towards this stupid system in ...forever.

\:sadwave:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Utah undefeated and beats the team that was #1 for almost the entire season convincingly, but they have no shot at being the national champion. This is why I haven't given a second thought towards this stupid system in ...forever.

:sadwave:

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005

The game itself is great. There is no better entertainment than a college football game. The Pros put me to sleep. This BCS system is a crock of shit and I agree that the bowl system is not as good as it was before 1993 or whenever they put this in place. The Regular season is fantastic and the whole sport is great to bet on. You CAN make money betting college football. That is a fact.

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Its the greatest game in history, and the postseason is completely worthless. There really is no national champion and never has been.

To take 119 teams and have only 2 teams make the playoffs is absurd. If Utah had the benefit of beginning the season #1 or #2, they would be playing for the national title.

If there was a small playoff, I feel like USC would have the best chance to win. Oh, but they lost a "playoff" game in week 3....I forgot the whole season is a playoff. Then again, still waiting for Utah to lose a playoff game.

I can't believe there are actually people who defend this crap. Division 1 team wins all their games and has no chance at title. And it has happened before. On top of that, SEVERAL years with TWO CHAMPIONS...and they don't change it. How do 2 teams win the title???? And you don't change to make sure it never happens again????

Only we the fans can change it...

Got5onIt

MeanGreen
Forum Member
Oct 20, 2002
MeanGreen Nation
Didn't the AP sue the BCS and successfully got them to pull the AP poll from the BCS formula?
Our only hope is the AP votes Utah a national champion.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
The game itself is great. There is no better entertainment than a college football game. The Pros put me to sleep. This BCS system is a crock of shit and I agree that the bowl system is not as good as it was before 1993 or whenever they put this in place. The Regular season is fantastic and the whole sport is great to bet on. You CAN make money betting college football. That is a fact.

agree with you roger...

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Its the greatest game in history, and the postseason is completely worthless. There really is no national champion and never has been.

To take 119 teams and have only 2 teams make the playoffs is absurd. If Utah had the benefit of beginning the season #1 or #2, they would be playing for the national title.

If there was a small playoff, I feel like USC would have the best chance to win. Oh, but they lost a "playoff" game in week 3....I forgot the whole season is a playoff. Then again, still waiting for Utah to lose a playoff game.

I can't believe there are actually people who defend this crap. Division 1 team wins all their games and has no chance at title. And it has happened before. On top of that, SEVERAL years with TWO CHAMPIONS...and they don't change it. How do 2 teams win the title???? And you don't change to make sure it never happens again????

Only we the fans can change it...

also agree with you tj....

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ

agree with you murph...this system is stupid...

ripken8

yankee hater
Forum Member
Jul 1, 2004
NY
on the other side, but good luck with your play...

KRAMER :bigun: :bigun: :bigun: :bigun:

Bet on MyBookie