WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
WINNING POINTS

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Alabama over Oklahoma by 6 (Dallas, TX)

Lost size, and questionable ball-handling would seem to be issues for Lon Kruger?s
Sooners in this particular match-up. Alabama length, and harassing, sticky-fingered
defense, is pretty much a trademark.
ALABAMA, 64-58.

**PREFERRED
SMU over TCU by 11 (Dallas, TX)

Larry Brown?s Mustangs return all five starters from a team that did its best work early
in the season a year ago. Having all off-season to target a local rival from a ?better? conference is a nice edge for SMU, especially with TCU being a team that has a long way to go offensively.
SMU, 71-60.

Baylor over Colorado by 13 (at Dallas, TX)

A productive transfer from Denver who wants to be nearer to the ill grandfather he?ll
never visit because he plays ball, studies and goes to class (maybe), practices and goes on road trips ? Royce O?Neale ? has been cleared to play for Baylor. This Top 20-projected team is happy about that.
BAYLOR, 74-61.

Boston College over Providence* by 1

Former McDonald?s All-American Kris Dunn, a guard, never saw the floor for
Providence last season and has re-injured the shoulder that kept him out. So,
?BOSTON COLLEGE, 70-69.

Connecticut over Maryland by 2 (Brooklyn, NY)
The grinding style that Maryland head coach Turgeon likes to play is a real annoyance
for the runners that UConn recruits.
CONNECTICUT, 65-63.

Richmond* over Delaware by 11

CAA member Delaware opens with 11 of its first 13 games on the road, and the realization that they don?t need to jell until later on because winning the CAA is their real goal. Richmond is always an NCAA At-Large candidate and will be primed.
RICHMOND,69-58.

VCU* over Illinois State by 7

Syracuse* over Cornell by 18

Old Dominion* over Missouri State by 1

Notre Dame* over Miami-OH by 15

***BEST BET
Oregon over Georgetown by 12 (at Seoul, Korea)

Dana Altman?s Ducks are built to pester Georgetown like some of Georgetown?s most
notable bugaboos have pestered them ? with quickness and 3-pointers. They even have UNLV transfer Mike Moser, who?ll be a malcontent later but for now, is probably an asset at forward. UCLA transfer Josh Smith ? a 6?10?, 310 center -- has been cleared to play for Georgetown and Oregon will no doubt welcome him with open arms and run circles around the big stiff.
OREGON, 73-61.

Texas A&M* over Buffalo by 21

South Alabama* over Detroit by 4

Wisconsin-Milwaukee over Loyola-Chicago* by 1

Virginia* over James Madison by 14

Kansas* over UL-Monroe by 31

Wisconsin over St. John?s by 4 (Sioux Falls, SD)
Steve Lavin has the most balanced squad to date at St. John?s, whose athletic mix will
pose some problems for the Badgers.
WISCONSIN, 59-55.

Mississippi* over Troy by 23

Houston* over Texas State by 13

Boise State* over Texas Arlington by 18

Utah State* over USC by 12
Good luck to first-season head USC head coach Andy Enfield trying to establish a
dunk-first offense on the road against a tried-and-true defensive system with decent
bulk in the paint, and overall smarts.
UTAH STATE, 70-58.

North Carolina* over Oakland by 22

Iowa* over NC Wilmington by 21

Portland* over Cal-Davis by 8

Cal-Irvine* over Fresno State by 2

Arizona* over Cal Poly-SLO by 16

San Diego State* over Cal-Riverside by 23

Nevada* over Pacific by 3
Almost five years into his gig, and Nevada head coach Carter hasn?t found his Nick
Fazekas, Kevinn Pinkney, JaVale McGee or Dario Hunt ? a serious big man.
NEVADA,59-56.

St. Mary?s* over Louisiana Tech by 1

A 27-win visitor from last season, that returns 9 of its top 10 scorers from a year ago,
enters a place that lost its heart-and-soul guard Mick Dellavedova to the NBA, has
been sanctioned by the NCAA, and whose coach will be on suspension. Nice opportunity for La. Tech.
ST. MARY?S, 69-68.

UCLA* over Drexel by 9

Bruins? fifth-year senior Travis Wear had appendicitis last week. Drexel opened last season with 2-point overtime losses vs. Kent State and Illinois State, two pretty decent teams.
UCLA, 68-59.

New Mexico St over Western Michigan by 11 (at Honolulu)

Marvin?s Menzies are picked to win the WAC. Sometimes, they like to travel around
and get killed by the best programs early, but this year?s opening slate is very, very more than manageable. For very underclassmen-oriented Western Michigan, last year?s
MAC Freshman of the Year Darius Paul loved playing there so much he decided to
transfer to Illinois.
NEW MEXICO STATE, 69-58.

I will post RAS when I get them!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
WINNING POINTS

COLLEGE BASKETBALL
Indiana State* over Ball State by 15

The prior Ball State regime presided over a dreadful, yet habitually overrated program.
The new guys have some stuff to sort out, and although one of the assistants is from
Drake, in the Missouri Valley Conference with Indiana State, ISU?s offensive ball
movement figures to drive Ball?s defenders batty.
INDIANA STATE, 70-55.

Louisville* over College of Charleston by 15

CofC won 24 games last season and is a 3-balling group that likes to play fast, which
kind of plays into Louisville?s hands eventually. But can Louisville be as efficient on
both offense and defense with guys who aren?t Peyton Siva and Georgiu Deng on the
floor?
LOUISVILLE, 72-57.

***BEST BET
Penn* over Temple by 9

?We?d better be ready to go. We don?t have a lot of margin for error,? says Temple head coach Fran Dunphy, whose team lost five seniors ? including 20 ppg scorer Khalif
Wyatt, who dropped 26 on Penn last season -- after almost beating Indiana in the
NCAA Tourney in March. Intra-city rival Penn has home floor and lost by only 7
points to Temple last season, in mid-January when they were at their banged-up,
injury-riddled worst. Early is the best time to land a big fish, and the Penn fisherman
have a better boat than the one that leaked and took on a lot of water last year. ?I like our frontcourt players against anybody we?ll play against? says Quakers? head coach Jerome Allen. Alrighty, then.
PENN, 70-61.

Northern Iowa over Ohio* by 5

After losing the most successful senior class in program history, Ohio head coach Jim
Christian ? who we pretty much despise for past reasons ? has his work cut out for
him and we certainly hope he isn?t up to it.
NORTHERN IOWA, 68-63.

Illinois-Chicago* over Drake by 9

The hosts should be a little farther along in the second season of head coach Howard
Moore and staff. Drake?s first-season head coach Ray Giacoletti ? former Gonzaga
assistant -- will be sorting through some stuff.
ILLINOIS-CHICAGO, 69-60.

Hawaii* over Western Michigan by 9

Second of back-to-backs for both, which probably favors the host Islanders way out
there in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
HAWAII, 74-65

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

carp

Luv Teasin'
Forum Member
Oct 16, 2009
Right side
They owed me an email pick which I got this afternoon. It's not part of their 5 selections today however. I've never gotten emails from them before but signed up for their email list, first one I've gotten since college football started. :shrug:

Oklahoma was an easy winner! Maybe you can get them to owe you more email picks! Thanks WildBill. :0074

I didn't see their other 5 selections in time to wager, but it appears they didn't fare as well. 2-3. And with RAS getting +5.5 on UWM, I may have only gotten +3.5 which would have lost, or 4 for a push. :shrug:

Anywho, always look forward to your posts Mr. WildBill :toast:

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
Diamond Dog Sports

NCAA Basketball 1-2 (-.6d)

Ball St. +14.5 -110 (A) Game#719
E Illinois +13.5 -110 (A) Game # 759

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
Anytime, Carp!!

That's what these threads are for, helping everyone!!

RAS started out slow from tracking their first week last year from their archive page, they are honest and they post without excuses after their losses. Closing line value for them yesterday not too great but Hawaii surely made up for it with their easy blowout win.

I checked around with other forums and asked thru twitter, RAS, if I was the only one that got the Oklahoma play after I already posted my capped play Thursday evening and was told they only sent me Oklahoma? I don't understand. I've been on their email list a long time and had never gotten an email from them, I checked my spam filter, etc., but nothing until noon yesterday.

I'm sure they will bounce back today, probably only 1 or 2 plays max.

GL!!

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
RAS goes 2-3 on opening night.

All 5 games moved in their favor at least one point.

Good, bad or indifferent results they are absolutely the most TRANSPARENT service bar none.

I think the 3 services on MJ's could and should learn a lesson in regards to record-keeping and the sharing of their results on a daily basis. No reason not to put your results out there on a daily basis.

GLTA

shawn555

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 11, 2000
berlin md

Good, bad or indifferent results they are absolutely the most TRANSPARENT service bar none.

I think the 3 services on MJ's could and should learn a lesson in regards to record-keeping and the sharing of their results on a daily basis. No reason not to put your results out there on a daily basis.

GLTA

:0074:0074

Exactly.

Transparency will help you in the long run.

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama

GLTA
Credibility goes a long way in earning a buck for service!! ;)

Good points rrc!!

:0074

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001

GLTA

Very well put. That is what I was asking for from day one. But when you are afraid of the results, I don't blame them.