college football 2006 - 08/31 to 09/04

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
Why wait any longer...these are my early plays for the opening weekend, and what a wonderfully long weekend it is, of NCAA football.

I am still looking at some opening day plays.

Michigan State -29

Utah State +12.5

Utah +4.5

Pittsburgh -3.5

Georgia Tech +8

Houston -11

BYU +7

Arkansas State +7

Florida State +4

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
lookin at utah st also, but will wait -- i think we get a min. of +13 later on...also researching the o/u on that game...down to 46.5...looks low to me.

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
Maybe waiting will bring a better no.

I believe the Aggies have better off. skill personnel than the Cowboys. Now if Cross is the RB prospect that Aggie coaches hope him to be and Jackson can be a litttle more consistent w/ the pass, I think they may pull a couple upsets this season.

Wyo named Doss their QB, btw.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
i kinda like idaho. i might play them and the over as their offense should be better this year and i dont see them having any problem putting up 2 TDs on MSU.
returning 9 starters with a solid backfield and OL, i expect them to give the MSU defense some troubles.
idaho is no stranger to playing tough games on the road. idaho's defense should be a little better this year (they gave up over 33 ppg last year) but i dont think they will be able to stop msu from putting up points. should be an exciting game.

kinda like the rest of the picks. gl!

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
Well, Idaho really lost momentum when ex-Head Coach Holt bolted for USC. He was instilling a toughness into that program that Erickson may unwittingly undo.

The Vandals' D is too slow to keep up with the myriad weapons on the Michigan State O. The Spartans will do whatever they want and can name the score.

It is possible that Idaho could get the backdoor cover. I like Wichmann, he has a pretty good arm. Last seasons injury ravaged OL may improve but I have to see it to believe it. WR Octave has potential but has been inconsistent. TE Smith-Anderson is coming of injuries throughout his career.

Lastly, John L. Smith coached Idaho before his previous stop at Louisville. I wouldn't put it past him to stick it to his old school.

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
gltu as wll HM...like your plays, especially FSU and BYU as I am playing both for 2 units...gonna look into your MSU play, like your angls on it

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Tenzing

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 14, 2002
Austin, Texas
Picks

Picks

BC -13.5 and the Over, they will pump up the points.

Temple +6 and Under 43.5.

Mid Tenn St. -10.5 and Under 46.5.

Eastern Michigan +4.5 and Under 51.

Miami (O) +3.5 and Under 54.

MInnesota -16.5 and Under 52.

Toledo +7.5 and Over 58.

S. Carolina -6.5 and Under 40.

and Finally the easiest game of the night, free money
UTEP +1.5 (gasp), but no Over/Under decision yet. Do no bookies actually watch Palmer throw the ball? This guy has the strongest non-BCS chance of the Hesiman.

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
BC -13.5 and the Over, they will pump up the points.

Temple +6 and Under 43.5.

Eastern Michigan +4.5 and Under 51.

Toledo +7.5 and Over 58.

and Finally the easiest game of the night, free money
UTEP +1.5 (gasp), but no Over/Under decision yet. Do no bookies actually watch Palmer throw the ball? This guy has the strongest non-BCS chance of the Hesiman.

1) i like that bc over...both teams should hav epotent offenses there.

2) there is nothing i like about temple. new coach. a bad team last year that only returns 6 starters combined on off/def. had 9 scolarships cut. inexperience everywhere on this team.

3) i like ballst this year..18 returning starts, 10 on offense. emu is breaking in a new QB this year and might struggle is first mac game on the road

4) like that toledo over. should be an explosive game

5) palmer threw 19 INTs last year...some of them at the most inopportune time. 29 TDs too, but Palmer still has some things to prove. turnovers killed utep last year.

gl with your plays

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
adding these totals:

Buffalo under 44.5

Bowling Green under 51

Wake Forest under 43

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
adding in IA v. IAA:

Oregon State -21

Thanks, RS. Gl2u as well.

Houston is everyone's fave over a Rice team forging a new identity.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
adding:

more IAA games and one b/w the "Football Bowl Subdivision" and the "NCAA Football Championship Subdivision." I kid you not, this is what the NCAA Div. I BOD has renamed the former IA and IAA classificatitons.

Hampton +1.5 (ESPN2 will show this MEAC/SWAC challenge matchup)

Mississippi Valley State +6

Winston-Salem State +4.5

Illinois State +21.5

I think that's it...and it is enough.

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
thank you and gl2u as well, AR.

The most exciting time of the year...followed by the start of the college hoops season. Yes, I am a degenrate...and:SIB aren't we all.:mj07: