College Hoops Monday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
OK, screw the one play a day idea. I keep picking the loser and leaving out other plays I like that do better. For the record, Marist is embarrassingly awful. They should be ashamed.

For Monday:

Colorado +1

Buffaloes were not very good on the road last year, but this is ridiculous. Probably back tomorrow with more.

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
Everybody in the free world is on the opposite play in the Pepperdine game, but I am in agreement with the board on the following two:

Western Michigan +3

- Detroit getting too much credit for playing a close game with Duke the other night. I watched the whole thing, and it was mostly lousy shot selection by Duke, as Detroit really didn't score much and take advantage. Very impressed by Western Michigan's performance vs. USC the other night.

Nevada -1.5

- Should have gotten this one last night at a pick, but waited until this morning. Too many newcomers at UNLV to expect much this early in the season. Highly-rated JUCO transfers, but Nevada is already in sync because of returning players and they should win the war of sin cities.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
i'm on Western Michigan with ya Heyward.

Question: where can i get projected rankings and such for some of these schools i don't know much about? any particular website? thanks.

Last edited:

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
You can probably get preseason rankings of teams in the smaller conferences in any of the decent annuals they sell in the book stores or even possibly at the bigger grocery stores (e.g. Lindy's, Blue Ribbon). I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or not. I don't use those for their rankings, but rather to have a handy reference when preparing for the season of who graduated, who's returning, their stats from last year, etc. You can put that stuff together yourself on the web, but for a few bucks, somebody has already put it together for you. If you're looking for how teams played last year, there are various places you can get team results and spread outcomes for teams over the last couple of years, like Feist's site, etc. If you have ESPN Insider (which I'm convinced is primarily for gamblers, especially during baseball season), you get the blue ribbon previews for every division I team, plus they compile local newspaper stories for a lot of the teams so you can see what the coaches/players are saying about games, etc. Lots of info all over the web. Hope that helps.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
OK, I'm giving the stags one more chance, and if they don't come through I'm sending them out to the cornfield with Marist.

Fairfield +11