colorado @ georgia

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

wcb4

Forum Member
Jun 30, 2002
Colorado
just fyi..

buffs have players and supporters jumping ship left and right. despite hawkins' best efforts, this team is far from focused, and even further from hungry. offensively, they are certainly the worst in the big 12. defensively, they do have some talent, but when they are on the field 40 min a game, they eventually break down physically and mentally.

maybe even more important, it was just announced that the buffs will take ralphie the buffalo down to georgia to run all over the field! mark richt is incensed, as are the players. both the players and coached feel it is a slap in the face to let the opposing teams' mascot stomp all over THEIR field. expect the bulldogs to come out with a chip on their shoulder.

word is the mascot charade was actually requested by some georgia fans after seeing ralphie gallop at last year's bowl game vs. clemson.

bottom line, i don't believe colorado will threaten the end zone all day. they do have the nation's best kicker, who may net them 3-6 pts. i think georgia ends the suspense early, and the game slips into stall mode for most of the second half.

my play...georgia -16 fh..with a lean to the under 36.5. gl.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Sep 2 - W vs. Western Ky, 48-12 Wrap Box
Sep 9 - W at So Carolina, 18-0 Wrap Box
Sep 16 - W vs. U-A-B, 34-0

No way to really get a good feel for this game as its way too much chalk to take the Bulldogs.

One thing about Georgia though and that is their defense has been awesome. I don't care who your playing from Div I to pee wee league , when you get shut outs your doing something special.

I mean any fluke thing, fumble , interception etc can lead to some points.

Lets see what they do with Colorado.

If the Dogs hold them to 0 I will be impressed and it bodes really well for the big games coming up.

For Stafford to get into the grove early in the season is really going to help him mature quickly.

Doubt we ever see Joe T play anymore, as much as he thinks he will.

Punt returner Flowers is lost for the season for Georgia.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cabo

Oil Worker
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Marietta/Anchorage
Colorado @ Georgia

Colorado @ Georgia

I agree with you Scott,it's just really hard to gauge what might happen, given the fact that Stafford will only be starting his 2nd game. The kid seems really poised, but being he's a true freshman, he's gonna make mistakes, it's only a matter of when. I think Joe T's playing time is in the past. I was leaning to the Under, Ga's had back to back shutouts, rank 2nd in scoring def nationally, and fifth in overall defense nationally. I dont think they'll get that third shutout, but I definitely dont think Colorado is going to score anymore than acouple of fieldgoals, unless as I mentioned earlier mistakes (turnover's) occur. With that said if Georgia scores their average, it doesnt leave any room for the under. Think I'll leave this one alone, or maybe a small play on the Dawgs in the 1st half. Didnt mean to jam up your thread. GL on whatever you play ..Cabo...

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Colorado is awful.

Hard to tell on Georgia right now.

Might be a good play, but I am certainly not buying into any argument that Ralphie will have any bearing on the outcome.

wcb4

Forum Member
Jun 30, 2002
Colorado
sun-

colorado would get pounded with or without ralphie, but it definitely makes it a little easier for richt to get the boys up for a game that's little more than a scrimmage heading into conference play. that is all i intended.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Woodson

L I V I N
Forum Member
Oct 23, 1999
Blockchain
They've known about the mascot since last summer. Nothing new to anybody and i wouldn't factor it into your system....

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Richt said he'll probably keep a I-AA team on future nonconference schedules, as well as an opponent from a BCS conference in addition to Georgia Tech.

This week, that BCS team is Colorado. In future years, it will be Oregon, Clemson and Arizona State.

"We haven't turned down many opportunities," Richt said. "If Southern Cal came up, I would probably say I am not sure I want to do that."

:nono: :sadwave: :nono: