colorado vs boston

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Colorado vs boston Under 5.5

Since this game is on national t.v i was doing some reading and here is the result of what i thaught would interest some of you.
Good luck to all
The Avalanche have won four in a row and
have lost only once (12-1-1-2) in 16 games.
They played without goalie Patrick Roy, who is
day to day with knee tendinitis, and
defenseman Rob Blake, who has a sprained
knee. Colorado leaned heavily on rookie backup goalie
David Aebischer sjould be in goals for boston and he did well after replacing Roy in the
last two periods in st louis. The Blues had a 10-4 shot advantage in the second
period and 15-4 in the third, but got only a third-period power-play goal
from Jochen Hecht.

That's a race the Bruins are losing, even after Tuesday's
solid 2-2 tie against the talented Penguins
In the mind of coach Mike Keenan, the tie, in which the Bruins jumped to a quick 2-0 lead, was yet another example of his team lacking the killer instinct and the intensity to finish off an opponent.
It has been frustrating to watch the Bruins the last three games. With Byron Dafoe back supplying excellent goaltending, and the team defense much improved, the Bruins have at times dominated games with a high-pressure approach. But inevitably, it doesn't continue:The Bruins back off and opponents regain the momentum.
The return to Boston of Ray Bourque Saturday afternoon for the first time since he was dealt to Colorado 13 months ago is the most anticipated game of the year for Bruins
fans. . . .
After that game, the Bruins have just three more home games and five on the road. . . .
The Bruins passed up too many shots in the Pittsburgh tie,
Boston gona try to keep the # of shuts low.
Specifically, all season long players have avoided taking good shots and tried to set up a teammate. This was so evident in Tuesday's tie, when even with a good shot for a
potential game-winning goal, guys would make one extra pass. Nervousness will be a factor in this one and the crowd could
back up bourque and in a way the ava The nationally-televised game is a sellout.
Fans will cheer him during pregame warm-ups, and the decibel level should rise
when a video tribute to him is played before the game.
The under is 5-2 in BOS's last seven at home.
The under is 6-2-1 in the previous 9 encounters.

I

Investment Executive

the thing that concerns me about the under is the minutes that colorado is throwing on their defenseman...basically they have been playing a 4 man rotation.....if fatigue sets in the 3rd..could see some heavy action around that colorado net w/o the clearing passes out of the zone...

is forsberg playing today?

last game.. http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/htmlreports/ES021106.HTM

good luck w/ your play frogy...

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Not shure about forsberg.
different source.
the one i trusted the must said he should be in but dont take this as cash, i just dont see why they would rush im in this one.
Good comment on overtaxing the defensemen but i believe this team offensive players contribute well in the defensive system and they knows how to get the puck out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
First post on NHL board. This game is all their talking about in beantown. Fans are jacked, bourque will be ready as will his
team. Col -1/2 +115.
Also played Col over 3 goals. lat 14 gm col has scored less than 3 goals on twice. Good Luck