Columbus @ Buffalo

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
MJ Record: 4-5-2 -1.7

I have 1 pick tonight ... and a second one if the 1st one hits.

1st pick: Columbus / Buffalo UNDER 5.0 -110

In a matchup between 2 teams relying on strong goaltending and hard-working defensive playing, a low-scoring game is to be expected. Now I'm not sure who gets the call in nets tonight for Columbus, but this doesn't matter much as Ron Tugnutt has been very solid during his whole career while Marc Denis is slowly but surely earning some respect in the NHL. In 3 road games, the Blue Jackets averaged only 21 spg and allowed a pretty high 35 spg but the fact is that they played in Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia. The gf/ga average during the sequence is 2.67/3.00. In 5 home games, Buffalo has averaged 2.6 gf and a rather low 1.8 ga - thanks to goalie Martin Biron who's proving (once again) that he can be a reliable #1 goalie in the NHL. Last year, in the only match between the 2 teams, Columbus won 2-1 in Buffalo. The SOGs were 23 for Bufalo and 18 for Columbus.

2nd pick (previous one must win - no push): Columbus +0.5 +150

No time to write much about this pick, I'm just going to point out that Columbus has either won or drawn 9 out of their 19 low-scoring (4 goals or less) road games since its arrival in the NHL. Actually, it's 3 wins and 6 draws. This is no surprise to me - it's just about probabilities. The fewer the goals, the higher the possibility for a draw.

So this is a conditional wager focussed on the "famous" 2-2 draw:

Bet 1 unit on Buffalo / Columbus UNDER 5.0 -110

IF previous selection wins, then

Bet 1 unit on Columbus +0.5 +150

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Now official: Tugnutt starts for Columbus

Biron for Buffalo

[This message has been edited by katts (edited 10-19-2001).]

HorsPlyrBil