Comcast Coming Tonight

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
I have been getting "Tiling" on my tv reception. It pops. It Freezes. It goes black. some night unwatchable. They have been telling me it is not there fault but I think it is. Any of you guys dealt with this and how do I get them to fix it? PC works fine.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
If you got a newer tv, it might need a software upgrade. They just plug into it with their laptop and it takes a moment. :shrug:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
good luck with comcast,buddy...i just went from just cable to the "triple play" and unbeknownst to me,the bargain that i struck with them zapped some programs and benefits that i already had....

so,i really didn`t get such a good deal...

they zapped my monthly "comcast t.v. guide" and it took me 4 phone calls to get it reinstated...

or so i thought....after some very heated phone calls,and assurances that they`d send me a monthly t.v. guide,today i received a piece of cardboard that listed "the basic channels available" in my area...

i got a channel listing...not a guide...

this is probably the most inept company...the most duplicitous company i`ve ever dealt with...

and that covers alot of ground...

what`s keeping me from shit canning them is the fact that with verizon,i need a box in every room just to get even basic cable stations...

god,i want to switch...i hate comcast...with a passion...

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i decided to call a 5th time to see if i could still get that promised june cable guide,and the girl couldn`t figure out how to work the computer program to send one out to me....

what`s worse is the supervisor couldn`t do it either....

if i don`t get july`s,that will be the straw that breaks the camel`s back...

the incompetence is off the charts...

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
i decided to call a 5th time to see if i could still get that promised june cable guide,and the girl couldn`t figure out how to work the computer program to send one out to me....

what`s worse is the supervisor couldn`t do it either....

if i don`t get july`s,that will be the straw that breaks the camel`s back...

the incompetence is off the charts...

gw

get rid of the paper tracker. Havn't you heard its a paperless society we live in ?

You telling me Comcast dont have a program guide you can look through on the set to see whats on ?

With Direct TV you can go forward almost two days or so.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"

gw

get rid of the paper tracker. Havn't you heard its a paperless society we live in ?

You telling me Comcast dont have a program guide you can look through on the set to see whats on ?

With Direct TV you can go forward almost two days or so.

scott..when you`re family likes the guide...and you`re paying for it.....it`s an issue....

if it were free....or the only problem,then i`d be much more amenable....

but,they scammed me on the "deal" that i agreed to,and that didn`t set very well with me....

thankfully,i don`t have a contract...."the deal" lasts a year,but i`m not obligated....

but,i have a feeling if i cancel,they`ll try and say the introductory offer was a "contract".....

should be interesting...

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
scott...you baffle me....

that`s my opinion based on my experience...

whats the problem?

I am just trying to keep the helicoptors away.

Geez Louise gw.

You just said that same thing to me in another thread.

Do you have trouble with oxymorons ?

I will be the oxy

hint hint

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
i guess because we disagree in political that i`ll be fending off attacks from you in other forums,now?....

attacks.? :142smilie :142smilie

Over a comcast digest.

I think we are friends.

But when I have said anything in the Gen Forum that you thought was stupid, you were quick to call me on it.

So whats the problem .:shrug:

PS - LAY OFF COMCAST FOR YOUR OWN GOOD !

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I have been getting "Tiling" on my tv reception. It pops. It Freezes. It goes black. some night unwatchable. They have been telling me it is not there fault but I think it is. Any of you guys dealt with this and how do I get them to fix it? PC works fine.

get Directv and problem solved. I would not go back to cable even if it was free. I have cable internet, sbc unlimited long distance and directv and would not change a thing

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
The guy fixed everything! It just depends on who get for a tech. This guy didn't even get in the house when I told him the problem and what the last guy said. He looked at me as if I was crazy (if you can believe that) and he said I see your problem from here. To make a long story short he ran new cable from the pole to my house. I had a box at the house. He undid that and got rid of it. Put in new connections. The guy worked about an hour. We went in the house and everything was working great.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
My cable tv and internet service have been out the last 2 days. In the whole month of March I was on and off internet service and for half of April - for this they gave me a $23 credit - whooppee doo!! They're sort of a monopoly around here so there is not much you can do about it.

kneifl

Bet on MyBookie