Computer help needed..

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
Having modem problems....cable version....

Online light cuts in and out....I got a server for about 40 seconds then modem cuts out and I have to wait for the tree of lights on modem to come on and "online" light blinks four times, then I can use the net again....for about 40 seconds..

Then whole scenario repeats...

Had a thunderstorm this morning.....light storms off in the distance as we speak....

Could my modem have been weakened.....doubt it is the cable company.....

try another modem?

Aggravating waiting for the modem to power up again.....gonna pray this message gets through...

yak merchant

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2000
Texas
I have no idea, but it could definitely be the cable company. I had a cable modem that we had to call the cable come to come out and climb the pole about once a month.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Captain Crunch

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2002
Lee's Summit, Mo.
A thunderstorm knocked out the splitter on the outside of my house where the underground cable connects. Went to Radio Shack and bought a new one and was back in business. Might be worth a try.

Good Luck

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
It's probably the CC but you might check your connections because you are losing signal strength. Could have been kicked or a pet. Check all your connections and then reboot. Have you called the CC. They will know if it's their end.

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
It's going to be process of elimination with your provider. Nevertheless, this is a hardware related issue.

I'd say it's either a bad modem (I doubt it)

Spikes in the current of your electrical outlet. I'm not an electrician so I don't know what tests they can provide.

Or bad connections within your cable lines.

I would get on the horn with your cable provider and get a tech out to your house. This is something you shouldn't have to take into your own hands. Good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LUX

el hombre!
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Marietta, GA
I am on cable too, try this:

Unplug the line going from your computer to modem
Shut your computer off and restart
Plug the line back in modem
Hopefully should be working again.