computer illiterate stumbles onto something helpful

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
been having a fit with my computer of late....crashing,blue screens,sounds coming out of the speakers that sound like a combination of something that shorted and morse code.....

it took me over an hour and a half to post a simple boxing schedule...

so i go in to do a disc clean-up and i`m looking around at the different programs that can be cleaned up to figure which ones i have the balls to fool with without f-cking the thing up even worse.....

so i stumble onto "hibernation file cleaner"....and below the explanation it has "power options"......

i go into power options and i see that it has 3 plans....power saver/balanced and high performance.......

i was either on power saver or balanced(i forget)...so i figure,wth,i`m ready to chuck this thing anyway,so i`ll give high performance a whirl.....

well,i`m not getting frozen nearly as much.....and i usually don`t get the blue screen unless the computer is on and unattended for a while.....and it`s much,much faster...

all in all,it`s running much,much better....

matter of fact,i`ve put off springing for a new computer.....i can live with this....

just something that i stumbled across....i had no idea about the power settings and just took a shot....

maybe it will help some other dumkopf that knows as little about these insidious machines (that have cost me many blood pressure points over the years )as i do...

:00x30 T !!

BTW...NO MACS WILL BE ENTERING THE BUNKER...

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie