Conc: North Texas and Ark. St.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
Some of you know I am not one to say much with the capping of these games, but, I have a few points to make with this game:

1. The line on this game continues to move up. Opening at 2 1/2, now up to 5 1/2 at some locations.

2. North Texas has locked up the Sun Belt and is going to New Orleans for their bowl.

3. Arkansas St. has played only three games at home this year. They beat Utah St. last week (no big deal), but they beat Troy St. last month straight up 13-9. In the other game, they played a very tough game against Memphis and were ahead in the game for awhile but couldn't hold it and lost 35-47.

4. North Texas has played 5 road games, losing to 3 majors by double digits, and beating Utah St. by 8 and Louis. Layf. by 10. North Texas when going on the road to Ark. St. in 00' and 02' lost both of those games straight up. In 02, North Texas also had a very good team in the Sun Belt, went on the road, and got beat 10-13 as an 8 1/2 point favorite.

I live 30 minutes from Denton, Tx. My youngest son attends North Texas. The program seems very happy this week to have accomplished their goals and the motivations going into this game as well as this weeks practices reflect that.
feedback from anyone living in the Jonesboro, ark. , to Memphis, Tn. area would be appreciated.
My guess is that this will be Ark. St.'s "bowl game".

Recap: This is a very bad spot for North Texas. Do they have the better team? yes. Could they win and cover this game? yes. But after taking a good look at the whole picture, why would you (if you are leaning to North Texas) play this team in this spot, taking the worst of the line with a team that doesn't need the game, and probably doesn't care a whole lot. For those of you that like to track the "*********" website for the consensus. Take a look at the picks of those doing poorly over the recent periods.... (Another reason to pause and hold on to your money..)

Good luck tonight with whatever you decide to do.....raybo.

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Thanks for the info Raybo. Ark st is a tough team at home, however Troy played @ Ark St before they traveled down to LSU. Might have been a look ahead game for the Trojans. Still you are absolutely right about NT not having too much to play for, but a snub of NT running back for the Walker Award. The north Texas coach was very upset that the rules were changed to include Freshman RB Petterson from OU but yet the board of directors still excluded Thomas (the nations leading rusher). That might be enough motivation for NT to run all over the Indians. Good luck with either way you play.

Cheers
Irish

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg