Congrats to Volfan

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
You and the Tennessee Basketball program just landed one of the most underrated coaches in the country. Im really pissed that Bruce Pearl left UW-Milwaukee but i can see why he did. He puts so much energy into the whole basketballl program. You will be very happy when he turns this program around. I would give it 2 years but it will be worth it. Happy for you and cant wait to see how he does with what is now a dismal mens team.

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
yea, watch out SEC you just got yourelf the next Tubby Smith from the mid majors, ala Tulsa style ... this guy can flat out coach in every aspect of the game, and he is RUTHLESS in taking out the opposition and giving his team the advantage. I remember one of you posting that article about Pearl and why Illinois hates him etc.

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
Yeah. All the guys wants to do is win. Which i dont understand why he wouldnt stay at Wisconsin Milwaukee for 1 more year with all but 2 players still there including Joah Tucker. Its so fun to watch him coach to. 40 minutes of hell defense like Nolan Richardson used to do and he gets so into it. Probally goes through 2 sports jackets a month. You thought Gary Williams sweat a lot just wait till you see Pearl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
Yeah, saw that...
They have talent just need his direction. I liked Buzz but he could not even spell defense , let alone teach it...:)

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Was just listening to Nashville sports talk radio. Nobody there is happy about it. They're all like, "so, you hire a committee, scour the nation, and all you can find is Bruce Pearl??"

Not one positive call for Bruce that I heard. UT's had so many average to chitty coaches that the fans don't seem to expect much.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
He is not a "big" name from a major college but I am very pleased with this selection. O'Neil would have ok but hey really dont allow coaches to get their systems fully in place before they fire them. Green was a joke, but I feel O Neil was OK...