Could Fla really have a shot at the NL East title?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dc

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Summerville, SC
I know there are a few folks here that follow the Marlins pretty well. I realize they are the "hot" team right now, but I'm wondering if they have it in the tank to make a realistic run at the NL East title.

Reason I ask is that I found Fla at +1500. I usually never place a futures wager (don't like letting the books have part of my bankroll for several months earning interest for them)....but at these odds it seems like it might be worth a shot.

Opinions? Also...any suggestions on a hedge?

Thx,

-dc

pplargo

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2001
South Georgia/Birmingham, USA
they definitely have a good shot- playing great ball. got some great young arms, big bats. Braves and Phillies overrated.
Do I think they win it, probably not, but most definitely worth a small wager. just my opinion.

pepin46

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2000
miami, fl.
these guys are having fun, have no pressure on them, and that is always a dangerous sign. if not, ask the 69 mets.

not like the made-up team that won earlier.

pep

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
It's a tough call there dc....I took a look into the future schedule and they still have 11 games left with Philadelphia (not including today) and they also have 7 left with Atlanta. Throw in the fact that they face these teams 11 times combined in the final 17 games of the season.
Also look at them not having the softest schedule after the all-star break...facing contenders like the NYY, St.Louis, Cubs, SF, and AZ....
Young team, strong pitchers...getting better...new attitude under Perez...at +1500...nothing wrong with laying something small on them though....

Elvino
cool.gif

------------------
"You know a lot of people go to school for seven years!"
"Yeah, They're called Doctors!"

dc

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Summerville, SC
Aprreciate the replies...good points all around.

I too looked at the remaining schedule, and it does look like a pretty rough road.

Maybe I should let my better reasoning prevail and stick to my usual no futures style of play.

Only 100% sure way to double my money on this would be to fold it and put it in my pocket
smile.gif

Thx again.

-dc

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nolan Dalla

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2000
Washington, DC/Las Vegas, NV
I can't resist......

"Oddsmaker" Danny Sheridan listed the Florida Marlins at 15-1 in USA TODAY to win the NL East. The Philadelphia Phillies were listed at 25,000-1 to win the NL East.

No, I'm not making this up. It was printed in SHERIDAN'S ODDS.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what the current line is -- but in a division that appears wide open, I sure wish Danny boy had faded my $5 bet on the Phillies.

-- Nolan Dalla