Critque needed for my writing for fantasy FB job

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
https://www.madjacksports.com/forum...-WR-Value-Plays-week-13&p=4434635#post4434635

A well known fantasy football outlet had openings for writers and I applied, they loooked at some of my work i sent and they asked for a short little article.

I don't need evaluation on content just the writing in itself, now this is a fantasy football site and they aren't expecting a literature piece.

Any hints on how to word it better would be welcome. I have to submiit this link to them by 3 pm my time

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
I wonder if this is a way to steal ideas lol'

I wrote on a vikings blog a long 2 paragraph diatribe about the vikings 2020 draft and just last week a Vikings based website who posts tons of articles wrote what I wrote almost word for word and when I looked back the guy who wrote the article had commented thats why it raised a red flag. I feel he stole all my opinions, not really mad, I actually kind of like it.

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
Hey man, good writing overall and congrats on the fantasy gig! That's awesome. One minor suggestion is to spell out numbers for ten and lower, use numeric value over ten. But as with many aspects of the language there are exceptions. When you refer to a "number 1" receiver, I would use the number. Another widely used format: "No. 1 receiver".

Since this writing is so stat-based it's really not as important to follow AP standards.

Also, the first sentence "The season is entering it's final stages..." You would not use the apostrophe in this case. When you use the apostrophe it's like saying "it is". If you substitute it and it sounds goofy then it doesn't require the apostrophe.

Give us a link to read the site if you can. And hey, if someone steals your writing, that's plagiarism and uncool. Not unlike what Metallica got so pissed off about in 2000.

Reactions: JOSHNAUDI

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Hey man, good writing overall and congrats on the fantasy gig! That's awesome. One minor suggestion is to spell out numbers for ten and lower, use numeric value over ten. But as with many aspects of the language there are exceptions. When you refer to a "number 1" receiver, I would use the number. Another widely used format: "No. 1 receiver".

Since this writing is so stat-based it's really not as important to follow AP standards.

Also, the first sentence "The season is entering it's final stages..." You would not use the apostrophe in this case. When you use the apostrophe it's like saying "it is". If you substitute it and it sounds goofy then it doesn't require the apostrophe.

Give us a link to read the site if you can. And hey, if someone steals your writing, that's plagiarism and uncool. Not unlike what Metallica got so pissed off about in 2000.

I thought of that but in fantasy writing they use numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet on MyBookie