Cruises

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

sampson

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2005
I have never been on a cruise and would like to try a 3 night cruise out of Florida or New Orleans in December. Does anyone have any comments on cruise ship companies, destinations, etc.?
Thanks!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i couldn't imagine being stuck on a boat for however long. not for me :nono:

and i know the rooms suck :mj07:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA

me neither, and from what I hear, I would probably have very little in common with most of the guests (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
Don't think I would like the schedule for dinners and activities. We go to all inclusive Mex every year and just chill on the beach. Do our thing. It's really nice!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ

i agree but unfortunately i'm committed to go on a cruise to alaska probably in the spring or early summer....& i'll try to book the biggest room that i can....

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
i agree but unfortunately i'm committed to go on a cruise to alaska probably in the spring or early summer....& i'll try to book the biggest room that i can....

Make sure u get one that cruises Glacier Bay National Park they only allow a few ships a day in.

as far as the room goes you only need one big enough for a bed to sleep &
sexmiss1.gif

Alaska is awesome stay an extra day and drive to Denali National Park it is beautiful :00hour

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
Went on my first cruise back in the spring.... Had all the same complaints initially.... I LOVED it!!! We may take another one this spring.... ;)

If you're going to go, might as well take the 5-7 day cruise.... A 3 day cruise just doesn't seem worth the trouble...with passports and getting on and off the boat, travel to and from the pier, etc.. We did a 7 day western carib cruise and had stops in Cozamel, Grand Cayman, Hattai and Labadee (sp?).... It was very nice...and I won a poker tourney on the boat while at sea one night that helped pay for all of the extra booze. ;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Theboundbook

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, Utah
Wife and I did our first cruise last February to the Mexican Riveria (Baja Cal); Cabo, Puerto Valerta (sp), Mazatlan for a 7 dayer..... On Princess (Diamond boat).... Boat 4 star cruise supposedly.... Absolutely loved everything about it.... Spent most of the time though playing poker, but always 24/7 things to eat and drink....

The croud was 30+ mostly.... Not many if any kids really which was nice.... Nice view of hard bodies (80's slang)... Great food, wine, and overall fun!

We are definately going again.

My parents cruise 3-5 times a year.... They have done a WW II cruise twice which goes from Pearl Harbor to Midway, Truk, Phillipines, Japan, and other important Pacific war sites... They loved that 28 dayer....

My parents are heading to Rome to do a 20 day cruise next month which goes through the Med. Sea and goes to Spain, Greece, Italy, Gibraltar, and some other places in Africa and ends up in Ft Lauderdale.... (Tough being my parents being retired and all)..... :SIB

Anyways, just stay out of the Carib. during Hurricane season and away from the Persian Gulf and I think you cant go wrong....

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I'd recommend a balcony room, no question. More expensive, but you always have brightness, light and it seems much more open and less small. Sneak some booze in your luggage, get free refills of mix or whatever you like and mix drinks in your room, and cut your expenses dramatically. The drinks on board are pretty pricey, and they add up if you drink a lot.

The wife and I hate the idea of dressing up and going to the dining area at a prescribed time, so we prefer the freestyle cruising, like Norwegian offers. More restaurants offering more options at different times.

I've almost always found people onboard with similar interests and that are fun to hang out with - or not. That's the beauty of a cruise, you can really make it what you want. I realize cruising is not for everyone, but I really like it - with a balcony. I love the slow approaches to countries I've never been to, gazing out and seeing what is in store, and then the slow departures from ports. It's kind of cool to visit several different ports on a cruise, like several mini-vacations, almost.

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Al, give it a honest shot, my parents cruise in Alaska 3 times. Say it was some of the best times they ever have had.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
Celebrity is the way to go. I've also been on Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises. Celebrity is second to none.

Excellent service, food, activities, everything.

We are going on a 5 day cruise over New Years to Grand Cayman and Key West.

More cruise lines are offering the open seating for dinner. The group I go with likes the late seating in the Dining Room. But that's a preference. The open seating allows you to go to dinner whenever you feel like it.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
GF actually just left today to go on Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas out of Venice Italy and through the Greek isles and to Croatia. She and her friends went, should be fun. I didn't go, the bar bill gets outrageous when I do so I would rather not go. I go on regular vacations, to hell with all that boat shit I spend enough of me life on a boat.