Cubs Astros - Post it here

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

H-Town

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Houston, Texas
Thought I would start this one early. Any early thoughts on this one?

I didnt think Munro looked good at all in his last start. Early thought is for the Cubs. They didnt lay down last night and they could have. Still need to check on some things...especially the wind.

CanesFan82

Forum Member
Jul 3, 2002
The wind is coming from SSW at 15 mph. I found a map over Wrigley and think that the wind is going out towards centerfield. Please correct me if I'm wrong. However, no sportbooks have a total for this game, so I guess they're scared for some reason. :shrug: :confused:

I've played the Cubs at -127.

GL! :D

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Would also have to side with the Cubs. Clement has been very tough as of late. The Cubs seem to have found a way to score some runs and should have an advantage over Munro, who didn't look that hot in last start. But...they are the Cubs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

H-Town

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Houston, Texas
Wind blowing out with gusts up to 19mph. Over has been a good play for both these teams recently and for starts by Clement.

Playing the over 9.5

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
watched all of last night's game and can tell you this, hp ump carlson must have been smoking some serious green..that game was so close to going either way but then wood got squeezed on a couple of calls and instead of pitching around ausmus with a 2-0 count(with oswalt on deck) he piped a fastball that ausmus hit the other way for the big hit of the game, wood then gets tossed as he goes to back up home plate and makes some choice comments to carlson--i'll be interested to see how this series plays out also after lugo got plunked(i dont think wood was throwing at him but that guy never knows where it's going anyway, kind of like tim robbins in bull durham) so if you just looked at the box score, you'd think wood got hit kind of hard, not the case at all, if he had any type of curve last night, he might have k'd 15(kind of reminds me of watching nolan ryan when he was with the rangers, can get by strictly with the fb for a few innings while he tries to find the right landing point for his deuce)
I have never in my life seen someone throw as hard as he was the first three innings,'' Hundley said. "I've caught Doc Gooden, Bret Saberhagen, David Cone. I have never seen anyone throw as hard as he was. The umpire and I had words, and that was kind of the breaking point.''

"General manager Gerry Hunsicker has called up Adam Everett from Class AAA New Orleans, which is playing a series in Tacoma, Wash. Jose Vizcaino, who has started at third, short and second this season, also will get plenty of starts at short.

"We're trying to get Everett there for (today's) game," Hunsicker said. "The Triple-A team is on the West Coast. If he's not there before the game, he'll be there at some time during the game.

i'll post some more thoughts as i find the info, first thought is that if clement finds his breaking stuff today(particularly the slider) then i'd lean cubs(too bad they have that heinous bully though)
munro relies on location and has been a pleasant surprise but you have to realize that he's facing teams for the first time and they havent really put together much of a report on him but he got hit pretty hard last time so perhaps the league is starting to see his tendencies--

Last edited:

Magic_01

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2002
Nebraska
The wind is blowing out, but Clement has a ton of movement on his fastball, and a wicked slider. If he is on, I see a low scoring game, and a lot of ground balls from him. I don't know to much about the other pitcher though.

I personally like the unders at 10.5. Plus, it is Very humid there, and that will cancel out some of the wind with the heavy air. Could possibly rain. 60% chance. but as of now, looks pretty clear.

I am playing unders and parlay it with the cubs

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
well no one on the cubs has more than 1 ab against munro--

stros vs clement, there are a few with good success
bags 6-15 1 hr 7bb, berkman 3-7 1 hr 2bb,biggio 2-11 3bb
blum 3-11 4bb, vizcaino 4-9, ward 4-18 1hr 0bb
zaun might catch since it's a day game??

of note..Cubs first baseman Fred McGriff left after the fourth inning with a bruised right shin, which he suffered when Roy Oswalt hit him in the second inning

wally bell behind the dish, home teams 14-10 7 of last 9 games under the total, 12-12 o/u for the year

good luck if you guys play this one.....

TLove

Forum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Clement pitching well and Cubs actually hitting and scoring some runs.

I'm taking the Cubs for a little afternoon delight.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

cisco

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 1, 2000
usa/mexico
I'm not playing this game, but I think Clement is pitching very well right now and would lean towards the Cubs.

Good luck today.

grooven

Forum Member
Jun 30, 2002
The dark side of the Moon
I have a total of ten for this one. Every time I play the cubbies they always seem to lose. If there were to be teams considered for contractions This team would get my vote

H-Town

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Houston, Texas
Got in at over 10 (not 9.5) for 3 units and actually went with the dog at +125 for 5 units. See what happens...probably betting too much with my heart!:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
Rain should hit in the next hour. A delay of any length will mean Clement will have to come out. If the Cubs bullpen has do the majority of the pitching the game will fly over the total.

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Great point, Valuist. Cubs bullpen is horrendous. They will probably lose and game go over if Clement can only pitch a few innings before a rain delay. Excellent advice to consider.

thelawguy

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2002
Los Angeles area
For those of you crazy enough to bet the Flubs, GL. Enjoy the ride. I have sworn off betting thi sh*t team for the rest of the year and i feel much more relaxed. LOL They could be up by 7 runs in the ninth and I would not be comfortable.

Oh, the Cubs have an ad out in the Sun Times....open additions for relievers. Maybe I will go throw a coupla pitches...it may be worth the 300K league minimum! :moon:

TLove

Forum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Correct me if I am wrond but didn't I say I would not bet on the FLUBS for the rest of the season.

Then why did I take them today??????? :mad:
Clement starting to get slapped around...

:mad:

Good Night Irene..... 5 - 0 :mad:

Last edited:

thelawguy

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2002
Los Angeles area
TLove: I joined a "Cubs Anonymous" meeting last week...it has really helped me to stay focused on my goal: TO STOP BETTING ON THE SHI*TY FLUBS! So far, so good. The first step is admitting you have a problem. LOL

Oh, sorry 'bout them today....you really couldn't expect that they would be any different, though. After all, it is still the SAME season, same pitchers, same bullpen, same crappy players...etc, etc, etc

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

H-Town

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Houston, Texas
Anyone know what the weather looks like and how many innings need to be played for this to be an official game (side and or total)?:(