cursor moves sporadically

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
anybody ever have this problem?...i move the mouse and nothing happens...after a few seconds of moving the mouse around,the thing clicks in...but is still moving sporadically....

occasionally it stops...and won`t move until i hear a couple notes over the speakers(like up and down piano keys being played..4 notes..de dum/de dum..high sound to low sound)....

anybody ever experience this b.s.....very annoying....

andy ideas about straightening this out?....

thanks...

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
in the past I replaced the mouse...

go wireless if you haven't already..

if you have then replace the batteries ..

wireless is the great..

Logitech.. at Target ..less than 20.00

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Not sure how your mouse is put together, but if you can open it up (if it is a rollerball one) and clean the roller ball with hot water, scrubbing it down, and blow out any dirty fuzzy stuff from inside the mouse that can fix it.

If it's an optical or wireless, I dunno, other than those can get a little dirty sometimes, too, but have never had that issue with mine.

Not much help, probably, but maybe something will click there. Good luck.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Not sure how your mouse is put together, but if you can open it up (if it is a rollerball one) and clean the roller ball with hot water, scrubbing it down, and blow out any dirty fuzzy stuff from inside the mouse that can fix it.

If it's an optical or wireless, I dunno, other than those can get a little dirty sometimes, too, but have never had that issue with mine.

Not much help, probably, but maybe something will click there. Good luck.

i think it`s optical...it has a red light underneath...no rollerball.....

thanks anyway....hope it`s just the mouse...

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
anybody ever have this problem?...i move the mouse and nothing happens...after a few seconds of moving the mouse around,the thing clicks in...but is still moving sporadically....

occasionally it stops...and won`t move until i hear a couple notes over the speakers(like up and down piano keys being played..4 notes..de dum/de dum..high sound to low sound)....

anybody ever experience this b.s.....very annoying....

andy ideas about straightening this out?....

thanks...

Weaser, Go to CONTROL PANEL and open up HARDWARE AND SOUND. Choose Mouse Properties. Inside Mouse Properties click Tab for "Device Status". It will advise you if the mouse is not working properly. Also, while in mouse properties, try adjusting the speed of your cursor.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Weaser, Go to CONTROL PANEL and open up HARDWARE AND SOUND. Choose Mouse Properties. Inside Mouse Properties click Tab for "Device Status". It will advise you if the mouse is not working properly. Also, while in mouse properties, try adjusting the speed of your cursor.

zoomer...that`s some good info...i`ll adjust that speed...much appreciated...

thanks to everyone that responded..good dudes,you are...:toast:

Bet on MyBookie