Danmurphy...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
I understand you're at the track.
Do you know if they still have the handicapping seminar before the races? :shrug: It used to be held daily at the "Brig", before that in a room at the hotel across the street. I haven't seen it advertised recently
A couple of radio guys would host it and usually have a jock or trainer as a guest speaker. Open forum for questions, etc.
I'll be taking the train down this weekend...

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wow!, I was just thinking about that. I'll call up there today. One of the legal Touts used to sponser those things at all the So. Cal tracks on Saturdays. Don't think they do it regularly anymore. Don't miss the Sun. Brunch at the Hilton though. Sometime today, I'll post back no matter what. Got ths from DM's website.

DONUT DAYS

When: Saturdays, July 29 and August 26, 8 - 10 am
Where: Seaside Terrace

Join us for free donuts, coffee and orange juice as you take a behind-the-scenes look into the world of Thoroughbred racing. Track announcer Trevor Denman will host the festivities which include question and answer sessions with famous jockeys and trainers while watching the horses during their morning workouts.

Guests:
July 29 - Jockey and Trainer TBD
Good for a couple of winners

Donuts Days are held from 8:00-10:00 a.m. in the Seaside Terrace area at the West end of the Grandstand.
No matter what, it's going to be packed and fun, so get in early

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
There are no scheduled seminars at the Hilton, however, found one at the track. Hope it helps. 2 excellent Grade 1 &2 races on the card with Giacomo heading. Hope you like company.

Weekend Handicapping Seminars
FREE Handicapping Seminars occur every Saturday and Sunday plus Labor Day. Seminars take place trackside along the rail just east of the Seaside Terrace (new area this year). Top horsemen, handicappers and members of the media analyze the day?s races in these 45 minute seminars.
Times:
12:30-1:15 p.m. daily

While I'm here: Tonite
5th #6 Schoonerwharfbardog 8/1 - OUT @20/1 - no threat
6th #2 Global Genius(IRE) 10/1 SCRATCH 4 WHAT?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Thanks for the headsup. I'll make it a point to check it out.
The seminars that were at the Hilton a couple of years back were very insighful. Plenty of free info from knowledgeable horsemen...jocks, trainers, owners, etc. Bob Ike and Larry Weinbaum were co-hosts and encouraged audience participation. Specific questions about horses and picks were common. Ike usually had some picks that were not in the paper..lol
The seminar that was at the "Brig" was hosted by a couple of radio guys. A little less helpful, but usually good for a couple of winners...
The trackside seminar sounds worthwhile...

Thanks again for your help./