Dayton v Fordham- way off?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
Way off ???? what does everyhone think about that.. I like fordham due to a linet that i think is way off.. anyone with knowledge on these teams would be helpful

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
What makes you think the line is "way off?"

What do you think the line should be?

Lastly, do you use a q factor?

Huh?

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
dont even know what q factor is, but fordham has not done well against weak oppponents, and a record of less than .500, while Dayton has played with tough opponents northern iowa, beat cincy once, and played vandy tight...

that is all thought a line of -1 looked low..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I think Fordham has done fairly well against weak opponents. They were blown out at Notre Dame, but that was the fifth leg of a five-game road trip. Other than that, their record seems respectable.

What concerns me is that Dayton has not done well against the big boys. They just had three consecutive opportunities to "show their stuff' vs stiff competition and couldn't snag a cover in any of the three.

My lean would be to FORDHAM +1 in this matchup.

(Caution: I've been wrong before. At least once that I know of for sure.)

jcuaudi

Forum Member
Feb 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
UD will win this one tonight..after three straight losses (for the first time since the 90's), they will not get beat at fordham...last year they had an embarrassing loss in double OT @ fordham, which makes this a semi-revenge play...

UD has been way overvalued this year becuase the books don't realize that they have NO point guard...I think this is just an overcorrection after rediculous lines in favor of UD...they were only 4 point dogs against NIU (a great team), 10 point favorites at home against depaul (who beat dayton and then went on to win @ WF), not to mention bigger lines against bad teams...I've been fading UD all year, but tonight I'm all over them....

UD -2.5 for ***
UD -1.5 for another **