Derby fav an UNDERLAY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
I believe the derby favorite this year will be a considerable underlay. Several reasons for this. The main reason being the record of the favorite in recent memory. everybody knows the favorite doesnt win so why go with the favorite.. A cursory glance at the pp's will show no definitive favorite in this years derby. Thereby making the favorite false and very unlikely to win.

Also i have nevr seen a race wiht so many horses capable of winning. Every year pundits say the same thing, this is the most wideopen derby ever. and every year a very large number of entries have no business even being in the race and r entered soley to stroke the ego of the wealthy owners/connections. I feel like i can only throw out a maximun of 4 such entries this year. This does not make for a huge payout like last year however. Since most people will think the same way and play multiple combinattions to try and catch a large exotic.
any ideas.

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
I dont know if there is a favorite, this race is so confusing. Right now it is impossible to say who will be the post time favorite.

sharky17

ICECOLDBEERHERE
Forum Member
Apr 26, 2004
Shores of Lake Huron, Ontario
Ha...ha. You're right, we could almost get a thread going as to who will be the post time favourite. I think it will be between The Cliff's Edge, Tapit and I even think Smarty Jones will take some money.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
If i had too guess it would be either The Cliff's Edge, or Smarty Jones. Tapit is this years hot horse bet by smart money early. their is one almost every year.

sharky17

ICECOLDBEERHERE
Forum Member
Apr 26, 2004
Shores of Lake Huron, Ontario
I dismissed this horse, thinking that he had not faced any real competition to this point. Maybe there isn't any "real competition" in this year's class of 3 year olds? :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg