Derby Scratches

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
The 2 scratches offer no help in handcapping the derby. Both horses were throwaways for me anyway. I thought both had no chance and now there $ will not be in the pools, Wilbledon would have taken alot of baffert and bailey $$ so it actually hurts the odds of any selection that you make.

sharky17

ICECOLDBEERHERE
Forum Member
Apr 26, 2004
Shores of Lake Huron, Ontario
I couldn't agree more........Bailey should have taken Violette's horse as he had ridden him all along, but opted for the safe option with Baffert in the Derby, even though I don't think this horse has near the talent. They would have taken money, though.

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
The horses that may be safely thrown out as they have no chance of winning and should not be in the race. with the program # for ease of identification.
19 Pro Prado - 20 Quintons gold rush - 4 Action this Day - 2 Song of the Sword - 5 & 9 scratched.
Narrows the 20 horse field down to a manageable 16.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sharky17

ICECOLDBEERHERE
Forum Member
Apr 26, 2004
Shores of Lake Huron, Ontario
Totally agree.

I'm not sure how much you put into speed figures, but there has never been a horse win the Derby without previously posting a Beyer of at least 100 - this would possibly add some interesting horses to your list: Friends Lake, Birdstone and TAPIT. I just can't dismiss the last one.