Detroit to the World Series!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
people said the same about the yankees after game 1 in that last series. let em get another game under their belt with a W.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mode the lode

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2003
central ny
looks like the stars are in alignment for the TIGERS, whacking OAKLANDS best, and throwing a shit pitcher like robertson out there and making him look like cy young.every stat in the universe pointed to a OAK win.not happening. DETROIT WORLD CHAMPS

snoozer

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
Berkley, MI
not sure why he is considered a 'shit pitcher'. Look at his losses, 9 of the 14 losses he had the tigers failed to score more than 2 runs. He had 2 starts where he gave up 6 runs (White sox and Yankees)

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Do think it's a bad sign that the A's are letting the Tigers ride the momentum of the Yankee win. Also in previous years the team that knocked out the Yankees has done well (Halos last year an exception)

Game 1 does not make a series but the more momentum the Tigers gain they might steamroll this one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Heaven, oh!!, this isn't it?!
Damn it, :mj07: I had more on the 4-1 :com:
26 5:13pm
10-Oct-06 14-Oct-06 Future 2006 MLB Playoff Series Prices - ALCS Exac... +1299 150.00 1649.50
ALCS Exact Series Results
ALCS Exact Series Result
Detroit Tigers to win 4 games to 0

We will leave it at that............

Franky

Big Nasty D

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pittsburgh
Looking like a sweep. I'll be celebrating after I go to game 4 Saturday. Looks like I'll save some cash since there won't be a game 5. I'll apply that to my world series tickets when Detroit destroys the Mets. Tigers 2006 World Champs! Get on the bandwagon before it is too late.

Looking like it may be the Cards and not the Mets. If the Cards bats stay hot and their just warming up, I think detroit may be in some trouble. Everyone is saying Detroit is the team of destiny,:nono: well when you look at it St. Louis wasn't supposed make it to where they are at and are all the sudden playing subperb ball and up on the Mets while before this series everyone has been counting the Mets as in. Take coaching, pitching, some hot bats, and a team that's familiar with the setting St. Louis could be a bad formula for tiger fans if they keep it going.

Best of Luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Big Nasty D

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pittsburgh
This will be similar to when the teams met in interleague play in June. St. Louis was no competition. I believe Detroit outscored St. Louis something like 2:1 in runs in that series. St. Louis does not have the pitching to match up with Detroit. St. Louis now seems to be the trendy play now that they are the underdog. Good luck with that. People have been ignoring Detroit all year and will continue to do so until the World Series is over. The fact is Detroit would have finished 20-25 ahead of St. Louis if they played in the same division. If you want an underdog play on the series, take Detroit to win in 5.

:nono: As proven again in the WS, can't weigh too much importance on earlier season results. Detroit fans were counting their chix before they hatched and basically were already considering them the Champs.:shrug: The pitching tides have turned and Cards have the momentum. Not jumping the gun yet, But if, and I stress IF, Suppan comes out and does what he has been doing and the Cards bats continue to come thru when needed, then Cards go up 3-1. Then and only then I will consider Detroit done because momentum will be too high for the Cards. And the sad part is that not only will it be considered one of the best unpredictable WS wins in a long time, but Tigers season will not be remembered as a great one which it was. They will always be remembered for losing this WS instead. If Detroit ties it up 2-2, then I believe we have an awesome WS on our hands that's gonna go and be decided in 7.

Best Of Luck