MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BahamaMama

not banned
Forum Member
Dec 6, 1999
Davenport, Iowa
ChrryBlstr said:
that was by far....one of the dumbest things i've ever heard of!!!

:D

the way it turned out, yes......dumb.....BUT.......hindsight is always 20/20. had it worked as they hoped it would, they would have been hailed for the decision. kinda like going for it on risky fourth down plays early in a game. if it works, you're a hero and if it doesn't you're a moron. The winds were quite strong by the end of the game, and they were probably quite confident they could hold the Bears, get the ball, and have the wind in their favor for the win. (and as a bears fan.....i'm almost surprised their strategy didn't work)

SIMON

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
East Coast
The ironic part of it is.....

That Detroit management PAYS the head coach
to make those decisions................

spits

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2000
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
the biggest reason why I don't agree with the decision is because his defence had been on the field for the majority of the past 8 minutes of the 4th quarter and had to be pretty tired. The wind was important, but unless you have a 2000 Baltimore Raven like defence, you take the ball.

SPITS

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
I think the short week will help Morningweg keep his job for at least one more game. If it gets ugly on Thursday, and it could very easily, he may be at the unemployment office by Friday.