DIRECT TV SUBSCRIBERS

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
im going to subscribe to direct tv and have hdtv installed.

will it be necessary for the telephone line to be hooked up to the receiver?

will the receivers be operable without the telephone lines connected?

thanx for any info

ed

lawtchan

Eat my pickle
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Bartlett, TN
phone lines are hooked into back of receive to receive satellite information, I believe or it you are ordering pay per view.

Make sure you have 'filters' on the phone lines

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Padre

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2000
San Diego CA
No you do not need any phone lines. Trust me on this one .(where i have mine):brows: i dont even have a phone line.

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
You don't need a phone line for Direct TV; if you have TIVO you need a phone line.

krc

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Texas
You don't need a phone line for Direct TV. They will just turn off the channels that you can order movies on or pay per view, until your receiver dials in.

I have 3 units, one without a phone line.The one without a phone line will get everything except, pay per view.

krc

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

HeavyHitter

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2003
upstate, NY
no phone = no DVR

dude, my phone line was not connected when the service was installed and the dvr still worked. :shrug:

Really? Everything I read on the website, and after calling them directly, they said w/o a phone line (i don't have one) I couldn't use DVR...if someone could confirm one way or another I'd appreciate it...i think they are giving the DVR free upgrade online currently...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
the phone line does not have to plug into the machine for the dvr to work. there are additional features if you have the phone line, but it is not necessary for the DVR to work - otherwise i would not pay for it.