DLH/Forbes Updates And Comments

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd 1-good 1st rd for oscar...throwing alot of body shots...forbes is busy but not landing anything...oscar moves forbes back w/jab...nice rt by oscar...forbes lands at the end...10-9 oscar

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
2- nice left rt oscar..nice uppct forbes...more action than anticipated so far...forbes is cagey...just not big or strong enough to be really effective...oscar landing jab well...nice lft hk oscar...rd to oscar

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i find this very sad.....celebrities in the audience...the big build up with the hbo pre-shows.....

and for what?...a glorified sparring session vs a smaller guy who couldn`t hurt dlh with a baseball bat....

this is supposed to prep him for floyd,jr?....the way forbes is landing those pitty pats when he lets his hands go?....

ehhh...,maybe i`m just cranky...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
3- sneaky rts landing by forbes on occasion...oscar landing jab...closer rd...oscar still going to body...nothing hard landing this rd...rd to oscar...

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd4-announcers saying forbes is getting confident but he's not doing enough to win rds. Oscar is busier and landing better shots...boring fight...it's early but looking like a dst fight right now. rd 4 to oscar

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Best thing about this fight is that the Spurs Hornets game has been delayed for 15 minutes:mj07:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rdf5- forbes effective in rolling w/punches and not taking hard shots but not really doing anything to win this...glorified sparring session so far...rd to oscar...looks like a 120-108 dec fight after 5

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd6- nice lft hk oscar...announcers attempting to make this fight appear like it's a good scrap but it bites IMO...forbes cut...nice rt by oscar at the end...appeared to slightly buckle forbes...rd to oscar

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
led has it 5-1...

7-nice rt oscar..good uppct oscar...forbes has NO chance but to catch oscar w a sunday punch so I feel he's in to survive...oscar landing good shots in the corner....forbes strting to get worn down here...oscars best rd

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd8- oscar clearly winning but not impressive enough to make people want to see a 2nd go w/floyd...rd 8 unevenful but goes to oscar

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd9-manny hasn't given forbes a rd and i agree...I'll be a bit shocked to see oscar stop him at this pt...rd to oscar...corner telling oscar to turn it up

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd 10- forbes in a little trouble as oscar flurries...forbes comes back w/own flurry... but oscar clearly in control...fight is going 12.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
larry merchant`s an idiot......stevie forbes doesn`t take chances?.....

he obviously didn`t see forbes and carlos hernandez beat each other half to death in one of the most exciting fights i`ve ever seen.....

of course,hernandez and forbes were about the same size...

the commentary here is so biased...so ridiculous,it`s as if dlh is beating winky wright....

what a bunch of clowns...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
look at all the punches oscar missed....and lok at his face!.....

and imagine what floyd` jr`s gonna do(faster,bigger,slicker than forbes)....

:SIB

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
rd12- same as rd 11..my card 120-108 moot pt...weak attempt to bulid sept rematch but it will be sparring session # II. I'm a bit cynical but I was rather bored with this.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
rd12- same as rd 11..my card 120-108 moot pt...weak attempt to bulid sept rematch but it will be sparring session # II. I'm a bit cynical but I was rather bored with this.

i totally agree....

no more floyd/oscar.....if it has to be oscar,how `bout oscar/winky...or oscar/cotto....

i`ll settle for cotto/margarito....

seems like the man that everybody wants to see is cotto...

the welter division is amazing....but honestly,if i don`t see floyd or dlh ever again,i won`t mind one bit....

only if either one fights cotto...or even margarito...

still in the dark on the montiel/maldonado scrap...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg