Do or Die-Va Tech ML and +3 over Miami

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Whoever loses this game is NIT bound...two very similiar teams...great athletes who aren't so great knowing how to win games. Both teams can "sleepwalk" at times...and that might happen again today...don't think either team dominates inside so this comes down to who can score from the outside in clutch time...and I give the edge to Va Tech...although Va Tech has lost the last few, they were all against the best in the ACC...they were even with Duke and NC until the last few minutes and let those games slip away..Miami isn't of the same caliber as Duke and NC and this time, Va Tech prevails....Va Tech could go deep into the tourney...they need at least two wins to even be considered for the NCAAs..they have the talent to do so..Va Tech 71, Miamii 66.

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Actually a Terps Fan, just callin like I see em

Actually a Terps Fan, just callin like I see em

Homer as in Homer Simpson maybe..I'm a Terps fan and have absolutely no connection to Va Tech whatsoever, ..I get to see both these teams a lot being in ACC territory...this game will be kind of "street ball" and I simply think Va Tech has better scorers...nothing less, nothing more..the only "homer" I have in me is to cash some money..that's what I'm loyal to...I'm loyal to the Terps but have no confidence they'll win today so I don't blindly bet them...could be wrong about Va Tech but that's where my money is going..not my heart

Homer could you be a little more bias ? :mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
And now with my homer pick, Terps -2

And now with my homer pick, Terps -2

Now that my non-homer pick has come in, and much easier than I thought, I'll now give my homer pick, Terps, -2. These two played a couple of weeks ago in NC State and the Terps barely came away with a W. So you'd think maybe the tide would turn tonight since it came down to the last shot last time they played..actually I don't think so...not that the Terps are all that great, but NC State really has problems handling the ball..their point guard didn't handle the Terp pressure at all last time and I didn't see anybody else who can handle the ball either..NC Staet has some nice big men but their guards are bad..Vaszquez and Hayes (terps guards) were not only much bigger but at least with Vaszquez, quicker..so I view the guard position as a mismatch..and the edge underneath goes to NC State...but ones a mismatch the other the edge so I say the Terps win this with guard play...Terps 72, NC State 62

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
GB nice hit on VT, I followed you on that one. Nice work.

jr11

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Kicking my feet up for a few more

Kicking my feet up for a few more

Washington, + 8 1/2-don't get this line...these teams almost always play close games year in and year out..don't see a real big edge toward the Bruins..love the points in a close one.

Idaho--1, Game team who won't let their season end today..just has to win the game..they move on..

UC Davis- -7 1/2..unlike Washington, UC Davis has been beaten soundly by Portland in the past..however, they are a senior laden team who I don't think goes down easy in what would be their last game...expect a fight this time....love seniors in must wins..even though Portland is the better team

Va +5..now this one is a real stab...BC has more talent, better record, etc..so why Va? They have very young players who are just starting to blossom...in the last few weeks they look like a real team...wouldn't shock me if they won... BC a good but not great team....I'll bet this small thinking the young Cavaliers don't want their season to end..and keep it close..this is a stab, but why not, it's March Madness

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Over 136 Cal-USC

Over 136 Cal-USC

Both these teams score in the 70s..think the total is about 6 points lower than it should be...see a 77-72 type game..

dickiesports

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2006
Atleast show up for the apology and eat your crow pie:mj07:

Quite the ahole response. :shrug: I saw he was from VA and I was joking around by my fricking :mj07: smiles....................Get a life punk. What do I have to eat crow for.........Did I enter his thread and say MIAMI MIAMI MIAMI.......I just asked him if he was a homer or bias to VT which turns out is not even his team. :mad:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dickiesports

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2006
Whoever loses this game is NIT bound...two very similiar teams...great athletes who aren't so great knowing how to win games. Both teams can "sleepwalk" at times...and that might happen again today...don't think either team dominates inside so this comes down to who can score from the outside in clutch time...and I give the edge to Va Tech...although Va Tech has lost the last few, they were all against the best in the ACC...they were even with Duke and NC until the last few minutes and let those games slip away..Miami isn't of the same caliber as Duke and NC and this time, Va Tech prevails....Va Tech could go deep into the tourney...they need at least two wins to even be considered for the NCAAs..they have the talent to do so..Va Tech 71, Miamii 66.

NICE WORK !:00hour

jer-z jock

Blow $$ Fast
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2007
Quite the ahole response. :shrug: I saw he was from VA and I was joking around by my fricking :mj07: smiles....................Get a life punk. What do I have to eat crow for.........Did I enter his thread and say MIAMI MIAMI MIAMI.......I just asked him if he was a homer or bias to VT which turns out is not even his team. :mad:

Ok, so from the name dickiesports we all knew you were from Va and just poking fun, u r right I'm wrong, but the funny part is u show up a few threads periodically and tell the person they are wrong and your side is right, mostly being wrong yourself but no big deal, if someone stayed away from A WINNER because of your post it's ok.....you were only joking! And watch the name calling---u c that !! In the top corner up there, if I hot that and report your abusive language u could get the boot for a Lil' while. :mj07: and thats no joke even though the Lil' smilie is laughing!!! Have a nice day and good luck in finding that winner dick!

dickiesports

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2006
Ok, so from the name dickiesports we all knew you were from Va and just poking fun, u r right I'm wrong, but the funny part is u show up a few threads periodically and tell the person they are wrong and your side is right, mostly being wrong yourself but no big deal, if someone stayed away from A WINNER because of your post it's ok.....you were only joking! And watch the name calling---u c that !! In the top corner up there, if I hot that and report your abusive language u could get the boot for a Lil' while. :mj07: and thats no joke even though the Lil' smilie is laughing!!! Have a nice day and good luck in finding that winner dick!

Please save your speech. I only ask opinions in others thread or reasoning. GOOD LUCK TO U 2.