Do you guys ever have a day where...

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
You have absolutely CRUSHED the man all day. then late night you PRESS HEAVY on a play or two and give a LARGE AMOUNT back. then wonder, if only i woulda.....

man i crushed my guy all day today. then went extremely heavy on the OVER SECOND HALF and i shoulda won it. but it did not. my account woulda had another 4200 in it. god that is painful.

anyone else feel like this? i guess i should be happy i did not get CRUSHED like i did in college football this week.

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
Pound the man with his own money I love it. I used to play lots of BJ that way when I lived back east and made many killings. Just as long as it's his money I say keep poundind him with it. You are a good capper form what I see.

GL2U :)

edludes

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2001
alaska
I say that this is a strategy you should avoid at all costs.You are giving back the earnings of a well thought out winning streak this way by making ten winners be wiped out by one big rush inducing loss.Weighted betting (betting more on one play than another) tilts the odds even further against the player,when multiple wins are canceled out by one loss.If a losing string is coming next,you've given up a nice buffer to absorb some, if not all of its effects.The rush of betting bigger than normal money on an end of the day,week,or any kind of play is something that one must ignore or risk becoming a losing player or worse.The book "How Professional Gamblers Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by JR Miller gives a convincing arguement for this as well as other very helpful advice.Money management will make you or break you.You pick more than 53% winners Identity,so you'd really benefit from this read.Good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
:clap:
edludes said:
I say that this is a strategy you should avoid at all costs.You are giving back the earnings of a well thought out winning streak this way by making ten winners be wiped out by one big rush inducing loss.Weighted betting (betting more on one play than another) tilts the odds even further against the player,when multiple wins are canceled out by one loss.If a losing string is coming next,you've given up a nice buffer to absorb some, if not all of its effects.The rush of betting bigger than normal money on an end of the day,week,or any kind of play is something that one must ignore or risk becoming a losing player or worse.The book "How Professional Gamblers Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by JR Miller gives a convincing arguement for this as well as other very helpful advice.Money management will make you or break you.You pick more than 53% winners Identity,so you'd really benefit from this read.Good luck.
:yup

Mjolnir

Forum Member
May 15, 2003
S. CAL.
money management. i've killed my self several times earning a little dough and then gettin stupid with it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
ScreaminPain said:
Vinnie.....when the money won is on your side of the ledger it's not "THEIR" money anymore...IT'S YOUR MONEY!!!

Yea I guess your right. Maybe I try to compare apples and oranges. When I did it in BJ I used a card count system so the odds were in my favor.

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
did it yesterday on the the stupid bills. For some reason I thought the Bills would have some motivation in them after giving the game to the Pats in the earlier home game, but of course the usual public team (NE) wins again and covers...Money management is rough, but after enough days like the one you are talking about its necessary

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

chuckdman

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2003
TO
Basically like most people said, its all about money management. It took me to a point of printing a poster in my basement with money management across the paper to make me remember.

I always play 2% of my bankroll unless its just absolutely a game of the year or something really nuts to go and play 5%. Just not smart to do it any other way I look at it. Hard enough to hit a 53% clip and also have to worry about hitting the 'big' plays.

Just my opinion.. GL to all.

rint

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2004
this is the books bigest advantage, when you are up you make stupid bets because you feel invinsible then lose all the money you worked so hard to get throughout the day/weekend.

People always say stop while you are ahead though rarely do it, so i say keep the same pace when you are ahead or down.

hinsight is always 20/20 and if you would have won we wold not have this post, stick to normal plays. my 2 cents

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BuffaloBill

Forum Member
Aug 15, 2004
I read that book by JR Miller. It is a good book and he makes some very good points.

But you said one key thing. Going 53%!!

Over the long haul, pretty much nobody can go 53%. You may be able to keep it up for a while, but in the end, you will not go 53%.

Jr Miller's strategy would hypothetically work. But you have to KNOW that you will hit 53%. Therefore, I do not advocate that strategy.

If you can't guarantee yourself that you will go 53% over time, then you have to vary your bets in order to make any profits.

In addition, if you decide to use JR Miller's strategy, you better have a bankroll of about $100,000 to play with or you will never really make any money. If your bankroll is $10,000, even if you hit 53%, you will never make any real profits using that strategy.

His strategy is good for HIS situation. But everyone's situation is different. For me, I don't have $100,000 to play with, and I can't guarantee 53% over time. Therefore I vary my bets.

Just my thoughts.

bassmaster007

ROLLTIDE
Forum Member
Sep 4, 2002
nunya
when u play more than 3 plays a day u r asking 4 2 many ups & downs !!!!!!! study and invest in the plays that matter most

Bet on MyBookie