***Does anyone know who is the Browns Center???

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
//////

All the articles I have read talk about the terrible QB position.

On the Browns depth chart, only Faine was listed as a center. There are no backups.

Even the article stating that Faine was done for the year, there was no mention of his replacement.

Any word??

/////

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
I noticed that also...if they don't ink someone today, they may move an OL to play that position. Scary thought, and not going to be pretty for the CLE QB.

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
///

Browns sign Harris from Ravens' squad
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Tony Grossi
Plain Dealer Reporter

If the Browns intend to pursue Baltimore executives Ozzie Newsome or Phil Savage after the season, don't expect any favors from the Ravens. Not after the Browns stole a quarterback prospect from their division rivals on Tuesday.

In a move that breathed some life into the Browns' dormant football operation, the Browns signed former Bowling Green quarterback Josh Harris off the Ravens' practice squad.

Harris was Baltimore's first of two sixth-round selections in the April draft. The 6-1, 238-pound Harris was projected by Newsome as the club's No. 2 quarterback next season, but the Ravens, occupied with a run for the playoffs, could not spare a regular roster spot for him.

Harris could be in uniform as the No. 2 quarterback Sunday because the Browns waived Nate Hybl from their practice squad. Kelly Holcomb has missed the past two games with cracked ribs.

In other developments on Tuesday, the Browns:

Added center Jeff Faine and quarterback Jeff Garcia to the injured reserve list.

Faine is projected to be out six to eight weeks with ligament damage in his left ankle. Garcia has a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee. The IR list now includes nine starters.

Waived from injured reserve offensive lineman Chad Beasley and defensive lineman Antonio Garay.

Beasley, a free agent, and Garay, a sixth-round draft pick in 2003, were Butch Davis projects who didn't pan out.

Signed offensive lineman Craig Osika.

Osika finished the 2003 season on the Browns roster and was cut in training camp. A natural center, he could compete with Melvin Fowler for the starting spot vacated by Faine.

Signed running back Sultan McCullough to the practice squad.

McCullough, 6-0 and 197 pounds, spent time this season with Washington, Carolina and Tampa Bay's practice squads. McCullough played for Browns running backs coach Kennedy Pola at Southern California and rushed for 2,800 yards during his career.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IX_Bender

Forum Member
Fowler is a guard by nature, but has been moved to center based on need. His run blocking is probably his strength and Id say he's been limited to spot duty in the past due to an overall lack of endurance.
Thought he was gonna start at RG two weeks ago, but they ended up starting Gonzo there until Tucker went out and they shifted him over.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Taximike

Forum Member
Oct 2, 2002
Akron, Oh
Fowler was a high draft pick (late 2nd or early 3rd) a couple years ago out of maryland, who has been a total bust, and is one of the reasons butch davis is no longer around............. failure to evalute talent. He played center i belive at maryland, and was supposed to do the same in cleve., at least until faine came along, and then he was moved to guard, where he failed to make an impact. At any rate, he's been around a few years, so he knows the system and knows the calls he has to make, but he's just not much of a player otherwise.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
taximike hit it on the head. fowler knows the system and has experience, he's just been a bust considering he was a relatively high draft pick that hasnt played anywhere near expectations. serviceable but mediocre.

GOLFSTUD

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2004
Ohio
Fowler is underrated!

Fowler is underrated!

Fowler was drafted to play center and has only been mediocre because he is playing out of position. He's not as good as Fane, but he can certainly play center without causing a severe problem for the Brown's offense. Do not use this as a reason to bet against the Browns. Who needs any more reasons?
Now, being a Brown's fan, I think the team has given up and I would certainly not bet on them for the remainder of this season. I think the smart money is betting against them for the rest of the year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg