dog parlay

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
I have looked things over as best as I am able, and this is what I have come up with:

Indy(-3) @ 1*
Time to get things started for the week, one way or another. While K.C. as a home dog sounds attractive, I am betting that off a very short week Indy will just play ball with some crispness and urgency instead of looking like everyone's whipping boy. I also looked seriously at teasing Indy and Under.

When the lines came out on Sunday I went at them looking for those live dogs, and while I think I found a few, a favorite looks like the Best Bet.

Det(-2.5) @ 2-3*
This team has some talent, and they are showing the marks of a team desperate to put a game in the win column. EVERYTHING seems in place for Detroit to earn their first win and cover a small number.
Note: If not for hitting my Best Bet for two of the last three weeks (N.O. over Minn; S.D. over N.E.; Ariz over K.C.), I might be feeling as desperate as the Lions.

Minn(+2.5) @1*
As a fan I do not like anything about this franchise, and I do not believe this team is a contender for anything. However, I see Minn playing with attitude and confidence this week rather than delivering a clunker. As for Tampa, I see a team that can be had.

S.F.(+2) @ 1-2*
I believe Mariuchi is the man to get the job done here. If not for a recurring vision of Chicago scoring a late TD to steal the headlines, I would not be hesitating on a 2* play. I will wait and see how I am doing after tonight and Saturday.

Pit(-3) @ 1-2*
I do not see a letdown here, and Pitt seems more explosive on both sides of the ball. Even if Tenn gives their best effort of the season, I will like my chances with the Steelers.

I am also leaning to Oak(+1.5), but I already have a larger than usual nmumber of games under serious consideration. Maybe.

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Most of my reasoning on these plays was posted previously on this thread.

Det(-2.5) @ 2*
Crazy like a fox if I can pull in a winner on an 0-5 favorite. I have to trust my own judgment on this one.

S.F.(+2) @ 1*
Minn(+3) @ 1*

S.D.(-7) @ 1*
There seems to strong support for this play on this forum, and it is consistent with my expectations. In fact, it is now probably my most confident play, but I chose to also include it in a parlay instead of making it 2*.

Just for Giggles: 4 Team Parlays @ 1* each @ 15-1 odds (0-15 on 4 team and 5 team parlays over 1.5 years)(made on Friday when the payoffs were sweetened):

Det -2.5
S.F. +2
Minn +3
Pitt -3

Det -2.5
S.F. +2
Oak +1.5
S.D. -7
Within moments of making these parlay bets I was beating myself up for twice including the awesome Lions. Not good.

Pitt(-3) in some fashion on Monday.

End of the amateur hour.

(And edited to correct + and - notations.)

[This message has been edited by lostinamerica (edited 10-28-2001).]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg