Doubleheader system

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Omie

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin's Armpit
Won't have time to post later, and don't know what the line will be, but here goes with today's play.

First time this season I can play my doubleheader system. Whaever the line is - I will be playing the Rangers GM 1 to win $300. If it wins I'm done - if it loses, I double up on GM 2 Rangers.

The idea is the home team is rarely swept in a doubleheader. You lose some $ if the visitors sweep, and this has happened, but this can be consistent if yo uplay the whole season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/doubleheaders?year=2007
...if you want to check out the numbers from past seasons.

GL

Godzilla 1

BMX PRO
Forum Member
Nov 17, 2005
Massachusetts
Be carefull....Yank's need this bad and after the other nights bashing and seattle comming into New York. They could be looking good.

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
yeah, i'll be on the yanks both games. if they win the first, maybe cut it in half the second.... but most likely i'll be LETTING IT RIIIIIIIDE!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
and you're statement of "The idea is the home team is rarely swept in a doubleheader" is silly.... most series are split. so replace "home team" with "either team".

Omie

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin's Armpit
I'm not trying to disagree - just trying to find the most logical way to make a buck on doubleheaders...but last seaon (if my #'s are correct, 13 doubleheaders were split, 10 were swept. of the 10 that were swept, 6 were the home team.

Omie

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin's Armpit
going a little lighter on texas...they are a mess...but staying with the system... bought some of the bet back, but will do gm 1 for $150 and double if a loss.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
and you're statement of "The idea is the home team is rarely swept in a doubleheader" is silly.... most series are split. so replace "home team" with "either team".

If you split you win. This system has done very well the last three years. Just check the records. However that does not mean it will this year. But hey it has 3 years running. Good luck omie!

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
This has been around for years. Bet against the team that wins game one especially if game one winner is the road team. Good luck on your play. I'm showing the Yankees in game 1.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
i think you should just cap as normal based on the pitchers and how the respective lineups matchup against those ptichers. also, rick, if you split, how do you win? if you lose the first game and double up on the second and win, you break even. if you win the first and stay the same on the second and lose, you break even.... right? or are you referring to the small amount you'll profit if you lose then win b/c you're betting a dog? maybe i'm in the minority thinking that each game that you try to handicap deserves the same handicapping, including streaks and matchups. not trying to say this isn't a good plan since apparently it's worked over the years... just see a lot of this on here... some "system" based on the fact that long losing and winning streaks are rare so you're bound to catch up. good luck, everyone.

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
Tigers,

It is pretty simple. You take Texas both games and if you split the games, you will show a small profit. They are dogs in both games. I am not saying it is good or not, but pretty simple to see if you split, you win

Not too much into math at Clemson I guess!:142smilie

Just messing with you man, GL

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
i said that... you split, you win a little. i'm saying that risking all that with hopeful result of showing a fractional profit is kinda dangerous, considering the teams here.

go orange.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Omie

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin's Armpit
in this case, you will show profit, because texas is a huge dog. but as for losing gm1 and doubleing up on gm 2, I bet to win back what i lost + my original to-win amount.

It is a small chase. I only bet gm 2 if gm 1 loses. It is one of these chase systems some guys in here are using. there is a lot of risk here (down a lot of the homers get swept. i agree - I think its stupid to blindly follow a chase...a big reason i bought some of the bet back. good luck everyone:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg