Dubai

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (total stake per play: 1pt)

Colin Montgomerie to win 25/1 e.w. available generally
Happy that he's not been paired with Tiger as he does him in too much awe and so he may struggle if paired together over the weekend, but he has shown great determination since closing that chapter in his life that was his marriage and the results have been borne on the golf course. He won the Order of Merit after a six-year gap last year and having started last year in 83rd position in the World Rankings, he is now back in 11th. Monty is back and a real contender in such a strong field as this. A former winner of this event, he should once again be consistently on the leaderboard this week.

Miguel Angel Jimenez to win 50/1 e.w. available generally
Returning to the Emirates Golf Club should be a bitter-sweet experience after he missed out on this event in such dramatic fashion last year. He led after the 2nd and 3rd rounds and was still one ahead of playing partner, Ernie Els, with one hole to play. But the Big Easy became the only player to eagle the final hole that day, while Jimenez missed a six-footer to force a playoff. He had done little wrong all week, just as he did two weeks ago when finishing 5th two weeks ago in the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, also in the UAE, when hitting 86% of greens in regulation (ranked 1st) and finishing 5th. He has finished 2nd previously in this event and at these odds, that would still be a profitable result if he was denied again.

Niclas Fasth to win 66/1 e.w. @ Expekt
Had been tempted to opt for the place-only market after he struggled to make any impact on Henrik Stenson last week despite starting the final round in second place. He still finished 4th and having finished the previous week with a 69, he has clearly shaken off the early season rustiness. So having won twice on the European Tour last season, there really is no reason why he can't do so again this week. When Els won his previous Dubai Desert Classic in 2002, it was in a very close tussle with Fasth who was level with him for much of the final round. That makes two selections who have strong motivations to chase this title in Dubai.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

veride

Forum Member
Feb 18, 2004
Poland
Each-Way 1/4 1-5 :

Miguel Angel Jimenez --> 50/1 William Hill
Mark O'Meara --> 150/1 Victor Chandler

Whalers Rule

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2002
Saskatoon, Sask.
Van de Velde 350-1 SportingBet 1 unit e.w 2 units bet total

Van De Velde actually led during first rounfd last week where he made ten birdies offset by two doubles and a triple. Speculative at best

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
OUTRIGHTS:

Colin Montgomerie(25/1) e.w. @ 5dimes
Stanley said:
Monty is back
- - It's getting to be just about that. Not many loose shots or other mistakes to diminish virtually inevitable stretches of strong scoring.

Niclas Fasth(50/1) e.w. @ Bet365
- - From Dave Tindall @ sportinglife: " . . . (Fasth) has been playing very well indeed and just needs the putter to click into gear . . . 'For three straight days I have played the best golf of my life but just haven't been able to score, ' he said prior to the final round in Doha . . . ' I just need to start holing my short putts and I will be fine.' . . . Twice a winner in 2005, he is proven performer in the big events and seems to thrive when the top dogs are in town" . . . . . . On view, his game didn't appear that spectacular, although it was certainly defined by the multiple ugly misses. On research, the recent numbers wouldn't produce any spectacular conclusions, either. On the whole, I'm generally not rushing to back players jawing about how well they are playing, but Fasth is a determined character with the resolve to get it straightened out and/or shake it off in the context of this time and place.

Darren Clarke(33/1) e.w. @ Sportingbet
- - With a boat load of possible plays circled on my printout for initial consideration, I'm opting for a late hunch on a player that I rarely had a handle on until recently.

It appears I'm settling for a couple of unofficial savers on a bouncy (bouncier than usual) Nick Dougherty(50/1) and a maturing David Lynn(100/1).

GL

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
FINAL RESULT: 1-2; +3.75pts

Montgomerie mc
Jimenez 4th
Fasth 11th

Good event and a pleasing profit overall, particularly with the quality of the players on the leaderboard. But there were still good chances for a big return. After Jimenez had raced his eight-foot eagle putt past the hole on the thirteenth hole to tie for the lead, he thereafter putting very tentatively and scarcely reached the hole thereafter. He finished two shots out of the playoff. And it was only a poor 3rd round that cost Fasth a place near the top of that leaderboard as well. But overall, a very good Middle East swing.

European Tour ytd: 3-6; +12.13pts