duke???20

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bigplaymakerjoe

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Ohio, STEUBENVILLE
How come no one is talking about Duke? Is 20 a high # for this game, I think not. Duke hasnt played 40 minutes all year. I think tonights game will be over at halftime. Its a TV game tonight and I think Duke comes out tonight and proves to the nation that they are the men among boys. Duke 102-56

Innavation

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Joe---I think Lynn Greer is coming off a huge game(47pts)--his confidence will be high! BUt we all know it takes a team effort to beat Duke--and i do not think Temple without(Lyde)--has the personell to keep up with DUke--Temple does take care of the ball--i believe the key to this game will be foul--Duke is an aggressive team defensively and if they can keep Temple out of the bonus---keeping them off the line--than this game will ge ugly!--As for the 20---Greer is a point-guard--and they say a good point-guard can keep any team in a game--but my feeling is that Duke--wins big!!

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
I agree with Innavation points but 20 is too many for me as IMO there are better games to play tonight.

Temple is a good team and I'm looking for a result more similar to Temple's 74-82 loss at Maryland earlier this season than your projected 102-56 blowout.

I don't believe Duke will hold Temple under 70 which means Duke needs to score 90+, something they've only done in two of their six games so far this year.

I'll be watching this one.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ballin45

Forum Member
Temple: Matchup zone is too good. This will slow anyone down. I don't expect Duke to score more than 75. Temple must hit the glass, even without Lyde. I expect Temple to keep this game closer than ya'll think.

crzystu

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2000
fl
This line is completely off, should be more like 13-14.

take temple and the points and you'll be a happy camper come game end

Duke will score 102 against Temple?

whatever your smoking, get me some

crzystu

nighthorse

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2001
wichita, ks 67209
When's the last time you could get Temple and 20? fyi: on wsex it was at 21.5. Take Temple. No one ever wants to lose, but this is one where I won't question my choice whatever the outcome.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Innavation

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Yes---Temple has a good match-up zone---BUt what are Duke's strenth's---Shooting the 3--and how do you beat a match-up zone--Penetrating the gaps and then dishing--for lay-ups and 3's---I think Jay Will. can pentrate the gaps--make 2 guys guard him and then find the open guy--Greer could be frusterated tonight---Duke has 3 guys that can guard him. The way to beat Duke is beating them down low--and without Lyde--Boozer is going to have a big game!! Fellas--I know 20 is a shit ton of pts. given to a solid team--but Temple without Lyde is not the same team--and Sure Temple beat Wisconsin--and Greer had 20, but Wisconsin guards and DUke guards are Night and Day players!! Duke--will get up big in the first half--and stay up big!!! DUke will be a play for me!! GOod luck-

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bigplaymakerjoe

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Ohio, STEUBENVILLE
Are you still on Temples nuts? I hope you saved your money last night or played it elsewhere. Like I said Duke are a bunch of men playing boys. Good luck today in your plays.

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
DUKE -21 vs. Temple

my 2 cents

On 12/3, Temple was a 1 pt. favorite vs. Wisc. Temple won the game, 70-67. IN DOUBLE OVERTIME.

On 12/2, Duke played at home vs. Clemson. Duke cruised, 80-67.

12/5....DUKE -21 vs. Temple

Temple, following a double ot, hard fought, physical win/cover, travels to Duke.

Duke, who played their previous game at home, remains at home, WITH AN ADDITIONAL DAYS REST and waits on Temple.

I'm surprised they only covered by 4.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bigplaymakerjoe

Forum Member
Nov 27, 2001
Ohio, STEUBENVILLE
In my opinion the only reason Duke only covered by 4 was Temple played out of their asses last night. They played a pretty perfect game. They looked good, but Duke was ready, and when Duke is ready, no one can beat them, with the exception of maryland when maryland is playing home, but we will see when that time comes.

crzystu

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2000
fl
Good call big playmakerjoe

I was dead wrong on this game last night.

crzystu