Duke = BS

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
At what point does this game get called fixed. 16 team fouls, 2 technicals against Va Tech and 5 minutes left.

Bull sh!t :cursin: :cursin:

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Two teams giving more than 20 tonight. Both Georgia and Va Tech have more than 15 fouls in the first half. I wish I would have known the fix was in.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
If I was playing for VT, I could have played in the half. The water boys better suit up at half, because everyone else will be fouled out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
this Duke game is a joke. unreal on how many fouls they called. and i didn't even bet on the game, but that is just crazy.

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Va Tech might have been able to play with Duke, but the officials took the game away from them. It's sad that 3 fat ass officials take a chance from the kids. Va Tech has been playing fantastic ball lately. No chance to show it tonight. Oh Well, once again I get screwed by the Duke bias.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
I'm glad you all see this. Because I watch it on a daily phuken basis, but people will say it's because I'm biased. Dook has the most ridiculous home court advantage in the nation. It is already a tough place to play but with the help from the officials forget it. You're right, VT was hanging around...until after only 5 mins they had zero starters on the floor.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
i hate duke as much as anyone, but the reality of it is that a lot of the fouls vtech are committing are just stupid fouls. sure the refs could let some of it go, but theyre not phanton fouls. the defense vtech is playing tonight is totally lame and undisciplined. duke certainly gets the benefit of the whistle more often than not, but these kids from vtech are totally out of position on damn near every play.

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
VT is out of position because they have had to go 7 deep on their bench. These are guys that don't usually see action. VT was in this game early on but the officials decided this one. Duke would have won anyway but not like that.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
i can count on at least two hands and maybe even start raising some toes on how many calls could have been let go. THEN, Virginia Tech goes down on the other end...gets the same contact...and AMAZINGLY, no call. FUXK DOOK

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
gman, I respect and follow you, but you might need to put the crack pipe down. I know you have duke tonight, and no need to worry about the bet. But the comment about all the va tech players being out of position is comical, because half of them haven't played all year. They are lost. The starters are on the bench because of bs fouls. Point and case is the one where the two players collided, yet the foul was called on VT. Come on now, everyone agrees that the fouls are excessive, yet you want to say that it is fair??

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
grama, show me when i said the fouls are fair.

what i find comical is that people are still surprised that duke gets the calls at home. like its never happened before or something.

its like the people who bet against spurrier when he was at florida and complained when he ran it up. but they knew he was a ruthless motherfu.cker goin in.

my philosophy has been, and always will be --- at cameron, you either play duke or lay off the game unless you are very very confident the opposition can overcome the home court edge thats almost built in before the game is tipped off.

i never once said the fouls were 'fair' or 'even'

what i DID say was that vtech is out of position on every play. thats the reality of it. is it because a lot of guys who have limited minutes are in the game? absolutely. theyre still all out of whack.

theres times when duke has the position down low, the vtech defender is obviously beat, yet he still feels the need to hack from behind. for christsake, these guys have to know that their bench is depleted so stop fouling.

if theyre gonna foul, at least make it on a competitive play.

i cant continue to watch this bad basketball.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Rcxslam

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2004
nyc
actually Grama, when those two players collided...the Vtech player threw an elbow at the Duke player...

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Yea, kind of like when something comes at you and instinctively you throw a hand up. I saw it, it was the definition of a no call.