Duke tonight

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GreyStreet

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Hey fellas,

I have been meaning to make a regular post for every Duke game this year but haven't had the chance. This Duke team will be challenging to cap, especially since lines are always fairly big and Duke a popular favorite. I'm going to give it a go anyway as an attempt to offer something to this community. I've followed this team for 10 years and know the team well, but with that said, I'm by no means guaranteeing results. Follow at your own risk and fade if you so choose - I'm not a good college capper.

Tonight Duke is coming off a lackluster performance against Cornell, due in large part to a 17-day layoff which is absurd for Duke, much less any other D1 team. The rust showed, and Cornell played tough to keep it respectable.

Temple has a good team that has played a pretty tough schedule, and 5 of their 6 losses have come on the road. They have a fairly well-balanced rotation in terms of scoring, and I expect Dionte Christmas to have a big game tonight. However, Temple does not have a superior rebounding team, which is something they will need to cover against Duke tonight. Duke lost to Pitt because they were manhandled on the glass and couldn't execute offensively in the second half.

I expect Duke to respond to their disappointing past couple games with a good shooting night and a strong defensive effort. They should be able to turnover Temple and I expect Duke to start hitting their 3-pointers. This should be a statement game for Duke, but if they have another bad outing, I would look to fade them for most of the ACC schedule, especially on the road.

I'm expecting a 15-20 pt. Duke win, so the play is:

Duke -12

Just a small play, if Temple can hang with Duke and make a move in the first 5-10 minutes of the second half (when Duke usually falters), they can easily be the right side. I'm just expecting Coach K to have his team ready to roll tonight.

Good luck.