Early bowl game thoughts

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
In the BCS bowls

like ohio st; defense wins
like pennst; don't let one game change your view of flordia state
like USC; would like to see them get beat but BUSH will have a game like Lawrence Phillips over Florida UNcontrollable

other bowls
Navy over Colo st hope not to lay more than a TD; but the rams have trouble tackling

depending on the line Boston College over Boise in Boise too big of a difference in lines and Boise isn't as good as past years

Michigan to piss pound my Huskers anything under 10 is what the service guys would call a mortgage wager

Georgia tech over Utah classic case of too many bowl games Utah is not very good

Auburn over wisconsin auburn 3rd or 4th best team in country

other games could be intriguing depending on line

Kansas over Houston jayhawks have a good defense and houston is a passing ball club with Kolb and passing teams can come out slow with the long layoff between games; probably better 1st half bet because kansas offense is not great but got better when QB came back

Nevada over UCF nevada has been to the island so that is in their favor

S Carolina over Mizzu coaching mismatch

boogieshrimp

C.R.E.A.M.
Forum Member
Nov 18, 2005
PA
waymac said:
Auburn over wisconsin auburn 3rd or 4th best team in country

don't know about all that.. USC, Texas, PSU, ND, Oregon, Ohio St, all better in my opinion.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Penn State

Penn State

The Big Ten is not that good there is no way Penn State should be giving that much to Florida State. The ACC is a better conference and Robinson is an inaccurate passer against better athletes he will struggle and turn the ball over. Yes this is not one of Bowdens better teams but they will play the Nittany Lions close if not win outright. I know the Michigan may look really easy but Lloyd Carr when he gets a lead is very conservative and so if the Wolverines are a big favorite becareful. Wisconsin has plenty of injuries to the defensive line. The are actually going to play Joe Thomas the starting offensive left tackle who if he leaves early is projected to be drafted in the top 15 in the defensive line for about 15 plays.
Good luck sorry I filled your thread.

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
On the same page, I felt that Michigan, Georgia Tech and Auburn are all in mismatch games. Hopefully the numbers are favorable.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I really like Navy....Colorado St doesn't stand a chance in this game....CSU is awful at deffense. My prediction is something like 38-17.

I'm 100% sure I'll play the PSU ML Big as well

GL

Kodiak9er

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
NJ
DIRTY Diapers said:
BTW - ND recieving 6 points. They have only lost by a combined total of 6 points this year. GL
Ehhh, I'll take a shot in the dark and say that I'm pretty sure Charlie Weis knows how to prepare for a big game...

Kodiak9er

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
NJ
DIRTY Diapers said:
BTW - ND recieving 6 points. They have only lost by a combined total of 6 points this year. GL
Ehhh, something tells me Charlie Weis knows how to prepare for a big game.

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
greed said:
The Big Ten is not that good there is no way Penn State should be giving that much to Florida State. The ACC is a better conference

Wow, where should I begin?

Big Ten not as good as the ACC? anyone else care to comment? This is not college basketball my friend, wrong sport.

Big Ten's top 2 are HANDS DOWN better than the top 2 from the ACC

Penn State, OSU are BOTH better than any team in the ACC. They negate Miami/VT. That leaves the ACC with FSU, and??? BC? I would take Michigan, Iowa, and Wisky over the ACC's next three including FSU, BC, and GT

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
ACC

ACC

I'm from the Big Ten area trust me the teams from the ACC have a lot more team speed than the Big Ten teams. I'm from Wisconsin they barely got by North Carolina. The defenses were terrible in the Big Ten this year it was a down year for Michigan. Robinson is a very inaccurate passer and will have difficulties with the Seminole defense.
The Badger team was one of Alvarez's least talented teams in years and they still finished in the upper half of the Big Ten. Didn't post a lot this year due to illness but posted the 3 years before that with the worst year being at a 55 % in college. So it is Football my friend. Just gave my opinion sometimes it helps someone who maybe hasn't seen a lot of games in one conference. Sorry Waymac just responding to Derek

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
greed said:
I'm from the Big Ten area trust me the teams from the ACC have a lot more team speed than the Big Ten teams. I'm from Wisconsin they barely got by North Carolina. The defenses were terrible in the Big Ten this year it was a down year for Michigan.

Yeah, those big ten defenses were TERRIBLE. Wisconsin held UNC to 5 points. One the most pathetic offensive showing in college football this season. Florida States VAUNTED defense allowed 34 in their thrashing to florida and 24 to DUKE. Thats all I have to say. DUKE. Picking random examples of a game out of the air, as you said "wisconsin barely got by unc" is circular logic and CANT be used to qualify that one conference is better than another. USC BARELY beat FRESNO, does that mean the WAC IS BETTER THAN THE PAC 10??? Sorry I dont buy your argument

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
Nobody's touting Wisconsin here. I'm laying out the FACTS that PSU and OSU are better than any 2 teams the ACC can throw into the pot. The ACC's third best team, FSU, might be better than the BIG TEN's 3rd best, but that doesnt make the conference better. Theres a reason why talented teams like MSU and PURDUE finished with losing records: conference play.

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
...without further research and the wealth of knowledge that some of the fellers on this board possess, I would have to agree with greed. much more speed.... ;)

...took fl st on ML last week and might take 'em again. :scared

...would absolutely LOVE aubrun war-tiggles at a TD or less. LOL :)

boogieshrimp

C.R.E.A.M.
Forum Member
Nov 18, 2005
PA
Big Ten was the best conference in college football this year from top to bottom hands down.. look at the ACC it fell apart down the stretch.

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
taoist said:
...took fl st on ML last week

As did I..against another ACC team though

:clap: :clap:

The big ten is definately "top heavy" this year with two giants, but please dont tell me that OSU and PSU dont have enough "team speed" to handle FSU or another ACC team.

Bet on MyBookie