EDM/CGY Oct 03

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
See the other comments in the forum about this game?I see a few folks on the Under, and with good reason. The addition of Turek should help the Flames keep a few pucks out, and with defenseman Jason Smith being named the new captain of the Oil I look for an inspired effort from EDM?s D-corps.

Playing EDM +100 and UN 5.5-125 for a very small amount each.

Good luck Madjackers, and enjoy the start of the season!

Kron

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
A couple other interesting notes on this game:

The Oilers have a record of 2-3-1-0 in their previous six season openers on the road.

The Oilers were 4-0-1-0 vs Calgary in 2000-01 and outscored the Flames 14-7 (avg. 4.2 GPG). Edmonton was 2-0-0-0 at home and 2-0-1-0 on the road.

Careful with these...this is whole new season with new players/coaching schemes/etc.

Kron

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
True, but in my opinion Weight is overrated. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player but I don't think his departure will affect this team too much. GM Lowe has done a good job of developing the young talent that this team is famous for. They started planning for Weight's departure long ago by grooming players like Comrie to fill the void. The guy even skates like Dougie did.

Bottom line IMO is that the Oilers are too well coached to let the loss of one player impact them too severely.

Kron

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I agree with about that. They have lost their fare share of good players in the past. They will still be a decent team. I think that play on them at even money is a good choice. Will this be Cromrie's first full year in the NHL?

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
Yes I think it will be his first full season...that is if he's stays around for the whole season.

GL tonight SJ

Kron

Bet on MyBookie