Edmonton @ Winnipeg, Ottawa @ Calgary

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Cannon

Forum Member
Dec 5, 2002
Calgary
Edmonton @ Winnipeg(-4.5) - Well, this is Winnipegs home opener after wins in BC & Ottawa. Even though they were pathetic on special teams, they found a way to win. Edmonton has been less than impressive going 1-1, could easily be 0-2 if not for another Stamps collapse.
The Eskimos lost Alfred Payton with a torn ACL, that will affect the Eskimos pass rush. I really think Winnipeg will make a statement in front of their home crowd, and they should beat the Eskimos and cover the 4.5...but there have been close games and backdoor covers everywhere...so, I'm playing Winnipeg ML (-180) & Winnipeg OVER 15 (FH) which has hit the first two games.

Ottawa @ Calgary (-2.5) - My first impression was to unload on Calgary..I mean Ottawa played Saturday..and now they are playing Tuesday, travelling across the country and WITHOUT Gerald Vaughn. However, the Stamps QB Marcus Crandell has a groin injury and will not start, Instead QB Kevin Feterik (BYU) the owners son, will start! :rolleyes:
As you can imagine if he starts badly the fans will be all over him! Fans are still upset the way the new ownership treated Wally at the end...not really fair to Kevin..but thats how it goes. No one knows what to expect from Feterik, its been a short week for the Stamps as well.
I expect the Stamps to fill the box and try to stop Darren Davis and let Crowley beat them through the air. The Stamps should dominate up front and put pressure on Crowley...I'm going to play Calgary (-2.5)..Ottawa on 3 days rest..that has to be brutal... :eek:

Good Luck :D

Last edited: