Elvino's debut picks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Not very often do I post plays here.....for various reasons.
But after much deliberating and coaxing from JT Sneaks, I guess I will get into the mix.
I am no sport mensa or messiah, so don't think I will set the capping world on fire.
Tonight I bring one play to the table.

Marquette vs. Louisville

The Rick Patino era in Louisville has begun. They have raced out to a 10-2 start this season with setbacks to Kentucky and Oregon both very good teams (both ATS L's as well) on the road. Sporting a 9-0 SU record at home with a medicore 4-4 ATS.
For betting purposes here we have a line of -1? to -2 area. But should be going up.
In essence, assuming that Louisville only wins by one we lose and that would be an interesting stat I would like to have in my crib notes. How many College games ever end with the game decided by one point?
Anyway, back to the game at hand.
Marquette is no pushover having gone 11-3 on the year. And scored what looked to be an impressive road win in Knoxville earlier this year. But Tennessee is 6-6 this year and hardly the team we thought they might be. So that road win does get diluted to an extent.
Which brings me back to them going 1-3 in their last 4. 0-2-1 in their last 3 ATS and 0-3 ATS in their last 3 on the road.
Louisville got over the 20 point loss to Kentucky with a nice 88-77 victory over UAB on the road and now get to return home to defend their undefeated record at home.
While this might not be a blowout and could be close, giving one basket at home to Marquette against the streak is worth a shot to me. I would make this a stronger pick but the lack descent FT% by Louisville makes me make this a solid, but not strong play.

Louisville -1? ONE UNIT

Elvino

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Sorry folks.

Will work harder to get myself on track.
Woulda,Coulda,Shoulda.
Down 19-0 to start didn't help the cause.

Elvino