Euro 2008

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Really looking forward to this tourney. And, I'm heading over there next week. Getting in my futures plays and first round games before I take off.

Teams I expect to do worse than expected:
1) Germany
2) France
3) Holland
4) Spain

Teams I expect to possibly suprise:
1) The Swiss
2) Greece
3) Romania

Team to win it: Italy

I originally took Romania and Italy long ago before the groups came out. So, I've got:

Romania +3500 1x
Italy +500 2x

Now, that they are in a tough group, Italy is up to +650 and I like them more. To me, they look stronger now, than in the WC year.

Italy +650 .5x

I think Germany is really overrated. They will be exposed by good counter attacking teams. They will surely get out of this weak group but Croatia is the more complete team even without De Silva and surely have a 50/50 chance of winning the group which makes their odds a value.

Croatia to win Group +240 2x

Spain should cruise through their group.

Spain to win Group -125 1x

Here's my value bet of the tourney:

Top Goal Scorer: Frei of Switzerland +6600 .5x

I'm going to add some fav's to the mix Toni, Klose, etc, but given that a top goal scorer in 3 of the last 4 Euros and inc the WC, 4 of the last 5 major European based tourney's have come from a host nation, I'll take the Swiss go-to guy. Their all time leading scorer at age 28 with 35 goals in 57 games. He ended his season in Germany with 6 goals in his last 8 games coming back strong from injury, scored 3 goals in their 2 tune up games this past week. He's playing all the group games in his home town and on the pitch where he started his career. Hosts almost always do much, much better than expected. Given they made it out of their group in Germany, they have a real chance to make some noise in this tourney. If they do, they will ride on this guys back. Plus, the other strong teams have multiple weapons that might keep more talented strikers goals totals down some as they share the wealth.

And, a bet that I think looks like a sucker bet, but I just can't stay away from something so obvious, hense I might be a sucker:

Croatia -120 vs Austria 6x
Croatia U2.5 -130 1.5x
Croatia Pk -240 2x

1st Round Parlay: Port Pk/Cro Pk/Germ ML/Rom Pk/Italy Pk/Spain ML/Gre Pk Risking .3

Last edited:

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Nice, flap.

My only Question...do you think Frei will take Penalties for Switz? They do have a good shot at getting out of the group, and Frei was very unlucky to not strike vs France in 2006 World Cup.

el JB

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2006
Mexico/Texas
Flap this one is a no brainer

Flap this one is a no brainer

who advances furthest in Euro 2008
Switzerland or Austria
i got it @ -300 for the swiss to advance further
and seems still is a good bet for someone who just want the cash and has a good bankroll (i wagered 4k to win 1,333 )
thanks for the insight and will take some of your advice into action BEST OF LUCK:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
My only Question...do you think Frei will take Penalties for Switz? They do have a good shot at getting out of the group, and Frei was very unlucky to not strike vs France in 2006 World Cup.

I'm not really sure. He missed alot of their games since the WC due to injury, but looks like he took a PK for them in '05 in WC Qualifying the last game I found where he played and they had a PK chance and I know he took and missed a PK in the last game of the season for Dortmund this year. So my guess would be yes.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
who advances furthest in Euro 2008
Switzerland or Austria
i got it @ -300 for the swiss to advance further
and seems still is a good bet for someone who just want the cash and has a good bankroll (i wagered 4k to win 1,333 )
thanks for the insight and will take some of your advice into action BEST OF LUCK:00hour

If you get your $ back if its a tie, I'd say thats a good bet. If you lose if they both go out at the same time, then I'd say those are really bad odds.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Adding

Portugal Czech U2 - 3x.
Romania~Italy O2 - 4x

Can?t see how this goes over. 0-0 or 1-0 Portugal I would guess. After both winning, I can?t see either being too upset with a boring draw. As for Italy, they had alot of chances against Holland. They must get the win and I think they?ll throw everything at the Romanians who gotta like their chances of scoring after watching what the Dutch did to them. Theyve got the speed to exploit the Italians.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Germany -1 looks great. Taking that for 5x.

Romania pk 4x
Italy pk 3x

Taking all 3 in a parlay 1x.

Germans are going to take out their frustrations from the loss of the game and group to Croatia on Austria. I really like Italy and Romania. I think italtys been a really unlucky so far and France has not looked good. I think Italy might have figured out their lineup and make a run. Romania handeled the dutch in qualifying 1-0 and 0-0 when something was on the line for both. Now, with the Dutch most likely resting players in a meaningless game for them and Romania with every thing to play for, I gotta like their chances. I was hoping the odds would be better on that one.