Example of Gaslighting (for Cricket)

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org

Trump calls January 6th 2021 "A day of love".

Don't believe all the video evidence you've seen. Never mind the thousands of convictions, the deaths, the injuries suffered by the police officers. It was "a day of love".

That's gaslighting.

Hope this helps (I know it won't).

Reactions: Smitty and kickserv

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This exchange should be the end of his presidential bid.

A highlight "Ashley Babbit was killed. Nobody was killed." He's out of his mind.

Reactions: kickserv

Cricket

sporadic wins
Forum Member
Nov 25, 2005
WNY

Trump calls January 6th 2021 "A day of love".

Don't believe all the video evidence you've seen. Never mind the thousands of convictions, the deaths, the injuries suffered by the police officers. It was "a day of love".

That's gaslighting.

Hope this helps (I know it won't).

Gaslighting Tactics in Politics

• My problem with you is you can't even fathom any of these tactics being used on you

• Denying Reality: Gaslighters in politics often boldly reject well-documented facts or events, even when confronted with overwhelming evidence that contradicts their stance.
  • Deflecting Blame: Manipulators skillfully divert blame away from themselves by pointing fingers at others or external factors. This tactic allows them to evade accountability for their actions.
  • Projecting Accusations: Gaslighters may accuse their adversaries of employing manipulative tactics they themselves are employing. This diversionary tactic aims to shift attention from their questionable actions.
  • Changing Narratives: Manipulators adeptly tweak the narrative of events to align with their agenda, frequently leading to confusion and undermining the public’s grasp of the truth.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!

Gaslighting Tactics in Politics

• My problem with you is you can't even fathom any of these tactics being used on you

• Denying Reality: Gaslighters in politics often boldly reject well-documented facts or events, even when confronted with overwhelming evidence that contradicts their stance.
  • Deflecting Blame: Manipulators skillfully divert blame away from themselves by pointing fingers at others or external factors. This tactic allows them to evade accountability for their actions.
  • Projecting Accusations: Gaslighters may accuse their adversaries of employing manipulative tactics they themselves are employing. This diversionary tactic aims to shift attention from their questionable actions.
  • Changing Narratives: Manipulators adeptly tweak the narrative of events to align with their agenda, frequently leading to confusion and undermining the public’s grasp of the truth.
You just described Trump to a t!

Reactions: Smitty and kickserv
Bet on MyBookie