Excellent World Cup prop

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

PerpetualCzech

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Will any game have a goal scored in the first 3 minutes?

Yes -240

(Pinnacle)

63 games times 3 minutes/game equals 189 minutes, equivalent to over *2 full games of play*! Under normal circumstances, 2 games going scoreless consecutively would have odds in the order of 40 or 50 to 1 ... even if you think the first few minutes of a game should be a bit more relaxed, which I am not sure is true, this line is still just so way off that it still a very strong play.

Good luck to all.

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Czech:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that. That # did jump out at me.

From a statistical perspective, that -240/+200 line equates to expected goals per game of 0.55, if u assumed a uniform distribution of goals over the course of a game.

Looking at it another way, this line is saying that it's about a 50-to-1 shot to score in the first 3 minutes of any individual game.

The -240 looks wise to me. Anybody have a historical perspective on this type of play? Any idea if Czech's concept of "more relaxed" at the start of a game is a valid idea?

Czech, on a side note, I can't figure out who you're cheering for in the NHL tonite. Hasek, the Blank Czech? Or do u like Peter the Great, seeing you're from Sweden?