Fade the public?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Just my opinion, but I think that's way overblown. I try to concentrate on picking the side that has the best chance to cover. If that's the public side, so be it. Contrary to popular belief the public gets games right too...

Theboundbook

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, Utah
Does it really work? It often pays off though, tonight's just another example. :scared

I didnt put anti public play on my SEA picks tonight but I def. thought it was an anti public play...

And to be honest (dont tell anyone), I think Sea plays better without Alexander..... They move the ball by passing...... But thats just my opinion....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Emersonboozer

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
I started using the fade public train of thought this season and what it does is give you just one more good parameter to base your pick on. It shouldnt be the only reason you take a side because its a game and the public does win sometimes. The books however are in business because the public loses the majority of the time. Another useful tool to go along with that system is perception. What I mean by that is when a team plays a great game and plays well above what people expected the book knows that team may get overvalued by the public the next week and set a line that induces a bet on that team.

Of course you could just flip a coin.