Fairfield injuries tonight?

Fast Eddie

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
I had Fairfield circled as a big play tonight, but went to check the line and it said 4 players questionable.

Any insight is appreciated. thanks

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
This is all I could find.

Injury Report: Sophomore Sean
Grzeck did not play agaisnt Siena due to
an illness. He is day-to-day. Herbie Allen
injured his left wrist in the Siena game
and is questionable for tonight.

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
More info I found.

Stags banged-up for Rider
By William S. Paxton
Staff writer
Updated: 01/22/2009 11:46:45 PM EST

FAIRFIELD -- The schedule says Rider is in town at Alumni Hall, but the Fairfield men have a bigger obstacle to overcome before they even take the floor tonight -- being able to fill out a lineup.

Injuries to four players, including three starters, has left the Stags (12-7, 5-3 MAAC) scrambling for bodies in practice this week.

Senior guard Herbie Allen (wrist) and reserve sophomore forward Sean Grzek (mono) are expected to miss the game against Rider (9-8, 4-3).

Junior forward Greg Nero (back) and sophomore forward Warren Edney (ankle, Achilles) are questionable, which means three new starters could be in the lineup.

"We are really banged up right now," coach Ed Cooley said. "But we have to weather the storm."

Allen injured his left wrist after falling on Siena's Alex Franklin in the first half of a 78-62 loss to the Saints last Saturday. He returned to the game and played in the second half, but has had trouble practicing this week.

Allen had an X-ray and an MRI on the wrist (both were negative), but Cooley is not expecting him to play tonight. Without Allen, either sophomore Lyndon Jordan or freshman Sean Crawford figures to draw the start.

Crawford has played well in spurts at both ends of the floor, but has also resembled a first-year player other times.

"We are anxiously waiting for the (entire) light bulb to go on," Cooley said. "It's flickering now."

Sophomore Yorel Hawkins figures to again start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in place of Edney, who continues to struggle with a high ankle sprain. Hawkins has started the past six games, averaging 9 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.

Nero, who has been the Stags' leading scorer with 13.8 ppg, hurt his back in a fall at Saint Peter's last week, but played 29 minutes against Siena. Cooley said his back was an issue during practice this week though, leaving his status in doubt.

Fast Eddie

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks. My numbers show them as about a 9 point favorite overall, the line drop to -5 helps, plus they are at home. I'll wait a couple more hours to make sure.

Bet on MyBookie