Favorite Vacation Spots

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Jackal

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
What are your favorite vacation spots - With family, with friends and with your significant other....

Bluemound Freak

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2001
North Alabama
My favorite spot is anywhere in the Rocky Mountains! Preferably in Colorado. I, as a matter of fact, am leaving next Friday on a 9 day tour of the West. Plan on making stops to visit some fellow Jackers and some old friends from College and some old Friends that I made while living in Colorado. So let the Vacation BEGIN!

Bluemound Freak, the Traveler

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
Montego Bay, Jamaica (Sandals Resort)awesome
Second choice is Vegas go about twice a year and still get excited everytime I fly in at night.:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

acehistr8

Senior Pats Fan
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2002
Northern VA
You know, we wanted to but didnt. The 3 hour ride to Negril on that road was enough to keep us on the resort for most of the time. We went on a horseback tour but for the most part just sailed around on Hobie Cats all day.

Senor Capper

is feeling it
Channel Member
Nov 14, 2000
Vegas
www.SenorCapper.com
Jamaica

Jamaica

Ya mon.
Ocho Rios,
Last time we stayed at Ciboney Resort (above Sandals)
Villas on the moutainside (very private) with your own pool
The people treat you like Kings & Queens.
And the Ganj is out of this world ;)

A close second would have to be Cozumel
(island off the coast of Cancun)
Scuba is some of the best in the world, awesome coral reefs....
Ya gotta try a night dive.
With its Mayan ruins, Beaches and Lighthouses
(ya gotta try Celarin Lighthouse with its fantastic view from the top if you can handle the 127 steps!)
Its almost is my #1 spot.

Maui would be our third. Nice & Peaceful.
Scuba is great..... lots of eels, reef sharks etc..
Great golf courses too.
Oh and the Maui Wowui aint bad either.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
I agree Senor Capper,Maui,for me is the best place I have stayed.Good food,good drinks,beautiful beaches,& you get a free lei.

Another favorite vacation for me is arriving in SF.Spend a few days there & then drive down the coast on rte.1 to LA.You pass Carmel,Monterrey,Santa Barbara,Hearst Castle,& a few other amazing places.It is a real great trip.You need about 10 days to 2 weeks to really enjoy it.

One of the most beautiful cities in North America,IMO,is Quebec City.Specifically old Quebec is a great place to hang out.Alot of history& great food.You can't beat it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hooks

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2000
VEGAS
The greatest place i've been to is Lake Tahoe,high up in the Sierra Nevadas.Started going there in 1967 for family vacations.Have not stopped ever since.

Tahoe is an Alpine lake with some of the clearest water in the world.Golf courses tucked into the mountains.The home of the Ponderosa where they filmed Bonanza.And wonderful restraurants around the lake.

Down in the Carson Valley and back up the other side high in the mountains lies Virginia City. The main street being for the most part as it was in the 1860s.The Bucket of Blood Saloon.Mine shafts to see.Miles of mine shafts under the city from the Comstock Load.
The South shore for the most part is in California,the North shore is in Nevada.

I give it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'll be going there next month and will retire there:cool:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
I just got to my family's place in FLA........Got here yesterday, and will be here three weeks.

I don't care to travle much, as Wisconsin sees a nice variety of seasons, and has plenty to do.

We have some great golfing, and a Summer's worth of courses, all within a 2 hour drive from my place. Each year, I take a nice lazy rafting ride down the Wolf River, too. We let it stretch out for close to eight hours, but it is the most relaxing thing you could ever picture, and it only costs $25 per person.

Of course, Las Vegas is one of my favorite places to go!

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
vegas and new orleans at jazz fest time.

Jackal

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
yyz - See your reply and location of Fondy (I played softball against Dillingers for last 10 years)... Golfing is nice here, this is true. Just played Whistling Straights last Friday. BUT, vacation come February and March is a must...

Where are you at in Florida? I spend my time down there in the Naples area.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Cruising !!!

I've been on 5 and can't wait to go again.

Not in any order:

1. Bermuda- very clean and the best beaches and rock formations.
2. Cozumel- Great place to party:drinky:
3. Grand Cayman- What and experience to swim w/the sting rays

Non cruising.

1. Aruba- It's Las Vegas w/ beaches. Clean and friendly people. I had the best steak I've eaten there(El-Gaucho's).
2. Mount Washington Hotel in N.H.- It looks like the Whitehouse. I took my wife there for V- day 2 yrs ago and she still talks about it:D

JMO- Jamaica sucked- I hated it, mainly because of the begging:confused:

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
I am in Sarasota.

Jackal....where are you from? I have been to Dillinger's, but never played softball. You must be from some place close by......