Favre

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Jackal

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Have seen every game since the 1st. That may have been his most impressive performance yet. At least top five. Wahle and Riveria, two All Pro guards, gone in free agency. Walker, Top 5 receiver in all of the game, out. Bubba Franks, All Pro (mostly for his blocking) tight end, out. Clifton and Flannigan go down. Green goes out. Third wide receiver gets knocked out...

Throw in five drops, a "2nd" receiver in Fergie who gives Carolina a pick on the ten as they are going in for a score... And the numbers would have been more impressive.

Now the first three games, he has tried to do way too much. Per usual. This was as smart as he has played, now as he states, because he has to. This team is not capable of overcoming mistakes as it has in the past.

For those that thought he was washed up, ummmm, think again. Now they very well may go 4-12 (hell that may win the division), but what QB wouldn't given the injured, and lack of, cast of characters he has to play with right now.

I wanted so badly for that game to go to OT and Favre to get the ball. It is a pleasure and I hope you all enjoy it while it lasts to watch a player that a) has fun and b) has that much desire to win. If the rest of the team played with 10% of his heart...

You can have Manning and Vick and Brady. Although younger, currently better, and now more talented teams around them, Favre still is a joy (good and bad) to watch and I hope it lasts for another couple years.

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
I agree. Favre can still lead a team to victory. As you mentioned the talent around him has been depleted. Losing the two guards really seems to have affected their running game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BBMF

Forum Member
Nov 28, 2001
Hopkins, MN USA
Ok Favre is GOD!! Man, I like to watch him play, but between Madden and McGuire (Sunday night a couple of weeks ago), these two guys would probably have Farve's baby they're so infatuated with him. The dissapointment was evident in Madden's speach as the final pass was missed.