feel like carpenter today..

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

smilin

Renegades.
Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
ontario, canada
6-0 so far on posted plays after the mets decided to play baseball and easily defeated the rockies.

today; how could you not like carpenter?

its well known that he's been incredible since the the first of june.
in fact, in his last 10 starts only one team has put up over 1 run against him.
that includes hot hitting teams like cincy, boston and the cubs.

now he goes against a sd team that is batting a brutal .208 in their last 10 games, while managing to put only 20 runs in those 10 games.

ugh.

san diego's pitcher tim stauffer really hasnt pitched all that bad this year.
he has allowed 3 runs or more in 8 of his 12 starts this year.
not too shabby.

however, that won't cut it against the arguably one of the majors' best pitchers and one the best hitting teams.

1. stloo -1.85 fh.
2. stlool -1.85 for the game.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
smilin said:
today; how could you not like carpenter?

the exorbitant price is enough reason for me to lay off.

the cardinals are the most overpriced team in baseball, and thats enough for me to steer clear. win or lose, do you really think the cards are playing well enough to justify 2-1 chalk? the white sox were barely more than 8/5 favs in kansas city.

its easy to say san diego is struggling to hit the ball.

but the cardinals have scored 4 runs or less in 14 or their last 17 games. while 4 runs isnt necessarily anemic offense, 14 out of 17 tells me youre likely laying 2-1 chalk in a game where its gonna be 1 run deciding the game, and thats far too risky for my liking. carpenter is a good pitcher, but hes not in the pedro/clemens/santana class where i can justify significant road chalk.

cards may win. but -200 is nuts.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
hi smilin,

are you having email problems? admin has receieved 6 emails from you in the past 2 days saying you couldn't log in. well, you obviously can log in. just wondering.

jack@madjacksports.com

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smilin

Renegades.
Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
ontario, canada
you make a good point, but 'nuts'?

how can a playing on a pitcher who is 7-1 in his teams last 8 be considered 'nuts'?

200 is a hefty price, but again, you're betting on baseball's best team, vs the major's 3rd worst team since june.

after getting off to a 21-5 start, sd is 30-50 in their last 80 games.

and to call the cards baseball's most over priced team is wrong.

the new york yankees are.

the yanks are my fave.

with a crap pitching staff, an aging outfield, and absolutely no middle relief (other than flash), they are constantly overpriced.

that'd be my two cents.

still playing the cards, and now i'm sure they'll lose.

good luck to you g.

smilin

Renegades.
Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
ontario, canada
thanks very much for the emails jack.

i was typing in my username wrong.
yup.
username wrong.

genius i tell ya.

sent you an email thanking you guys.
thanks again for your help.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smilin

Renegades.
Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
ontario, canada
8-0 on posted mlb plays after the cards scared me in the bottom of the 2nd before carpenter settled down.
:mj14:

adding:

3.colorado/phils under 6 first 5.
4.colorado/phils under 11 -20 for the game.

hard to believe b.kim is actually pitching half decent in the high altitude, but he is.

too bad he's getting no run support as the rock are averaging 3.3 runs in his starts.

the phils tejada is actually pitching well of late, but he's on a strict pitch count and has yet to toss more than 100 pitches in any of his starts this year.

that's not a bad thing though, as the phils bp has a 2.79 era in their last 10(colorado's is 1.99..wow).

both colorado and philly have been struggling at the plate too;
.248 and .235 respectively vs rhs.

lastly, these two teams are a combined 5-13-2 on the under, so gonna give it a shot tonight.

Last edited: