First Post....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bucket

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
This is my first post and it is somewhat long. I graduated from Alabama last year and am a huge fan, but I can see when there is value on the opposition. This line is off. With Ernest Shelton playing the line should be where it is. However, UA is fighting the injury bug more than what is being reported. Jamareo Davidson was injured early in the Ole Miss game and is questionable. Kennedy Winston has not practiced much in the last week and is at probably 75%, he is not near as explosive as before the knee injury, and has not yet fully recoverd. Alabama will face Florida's pressure with one true ball handler in Antoine Pettway(5'10 165-if he gets trapped he will not be able to make a decent pass over outstretched arms). Demetrius Smith might start and he wouldn't have started for my intramural team when I was in school. Emmitt Thomas, a good defender, will have to guard Roberson but that will leave D. Lee & Walsh to do what they please. When Alabama is healthy Shelton and Winston must combine for 40 pts. for them to have a legit shot at winning, with that being said someone will have to step up, and I don't know who it can be...Davis(6'10 210) possibly but I seriously doubt it. After scoring 20+(12 strait) vs Wisconsin(foul trouble for badgers) he has not come close to reaching the 20 pt mark . Thomas will have to rest on offense in order to stay with Roberson, so I don't see him contributing offensively. When Thomas comes out, there will be noone to guard Roberson, as he will toast UA from deep. Sat. @ Ole Miss, two starters and the reserves combine to shoot 3 for 15, and as a team they committed 18 turnovers. Now comes Florida pressure and many more turnovers. At Florida this would be a 20+ point blowout, in Tuscaloosa the Gators win by double digits.

Considering a play on the under with UA lack of scoring...be back later with final plays. For now:

Florida -2 bought hook (local) 4*(out of 5)

Good Luck
Bucket

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
just the type of info we need around here....unbiased and objective.

i already played FL when it was @ -2 for 3.5 Units, my biggest play in some time. i LOVE this game.

GL to us and thanks for posting! ;)

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Heaven, oh!!, this isn't it?!
Great info Bucket,

With that kind of insight into your team, how can we go wrong. Alot better than the mumbo jumbo you get on some of these statistics sites! LOL.
Any one can have an off night, maybe Florida tonight, but I like this play, and I think it gives us a good chance.

WELCOME!;)

Franky

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bdiffy

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
response to bucket

response to bucket

i also graduated from Bama and have to agree. the main factors i believe are:

1)extent of Winston's injury is worse than reported i believe and

2)pressure defense of Florida which we have not seen yet this year out of anybody other than maybe Pitt and they don't really "press"

i don't miss many UA games at home and i see a whole lot of value on the Under, more than the SU just b/c of how we seem to play at home.

However, UF owes us from their last visit to Tuscaloosa so look for Donovan to not be surprised tonight by our zone or anything else we try just to stay in the game.

Taking UF and the under.

BDiff