grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Like 3 dogs the first week.

Lions +4 and ML and over 7 Season wins
Skins +3 and ML and over 7 1/2 Season wins
Tampa +3 and ML and over 7 1/2 Season wins

Regarding the Lions opener....Colts have Luck back but have they really solved anything else? Colts are soft on both sides of ball in their lines...Lions actually have a really decent D...and Stafford is talented and if he's every to reach his potential, he's been in the league long enough that this season could be his best. Colts and Luck still living off their past..Lions should dominate the Colts Offensive line...Lions 27 Colts 17. For the season, think they can go 500 in their division and can pick up 4 more along with the way (Giants, Eagles, Rams, Saints or Titans). Lions go 8-8 this year

As far as the Skins...already wrote about them earlier in preseason and nothing has changed my mind now that the regular season is starting..lots of folks are predicting a back slide this year with the Skins having a first place schedule...I'm not one of them...they have a top 5 offense with elite receivers and a QB who can run a top 5 offensive system flawlessly...Pittsburgh DBs are one of their weak areas and think they'll get burned all night long...Skins D is better this year..they now have two shut down corners and DeAngelo Hall playing safety full time and healthy...linebackers are decent..Defensive Line is weak...but Pittsburgh is a passing team now, so Skins weakness doesn't hurt them like it will against running teams....think the Skins score 30+ in this one...and Steelers not...Skins 38 Steelers 28..As far a season totals, Skins should be able to split their league so need 5 more wins..Pittsburgh is one...need 4 more...think they can beat anybody on their schedule...Skins go 10-6 this year

Tampa +3...Winston with a year under his belt should be better and he was decent last year...Tampa has great deep threats and a running game to with it...their Defensive line is one of the best..getting a new HC is also a plus..Luvie was too laid back and lost games he should have won...Falcons seem like the same Falcons to me...Matt Ryan is average although folks think he's better than that (he folds under pressure)...and he is a pretty stationary QB that TB's D should easily get to..they have one great receiver and a good running back..D is average...so Tampa should eek this one out...21-20...For the Season, think Tampa has a positive record in the conference...they can beat the Falcons twice, and maybe the Saints twice...and Carolina once..maybe go 4-2...they can pick up 4 more pretty easily I think..Tampa vies for playoffs and go 9-7.

Take the Skins to win the NFC east 3.5 to 1 and make it to the SB at great odds...of 22-1

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg